Another Tables vs. Computers Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
I don't think anyone claimed to invent something new.

No one here, but some of the British DIR types imply that it is an original DIR thought, not one that has been around for longer than most reading this have been diving. Rock Bottom

Thalassamania:
No one here, but some of the British DIR types imply that it is an original DIR thought, not one that has been around for longer than most reading this have been diving. Rock Bottom

Thal, SeaJay lives in South Carolina and for the longest time was a DIR detractor. He used to be very active on the board here. One of his last posts was his DIR-F class experience.

Thal, for SeaJay, as for me, the first EXPOSURE to the rock bottom concept may have come from DIR. Certainly nothing of the sort was mentioned in my OW class, or my deep class, and in fact, when I brought up the idea on one of the dives for my deep class, the instructor was nonplused. You can forgive us for thinking that the idea is unique to DIR when we've had no other technical training. (Or maybe you can't :) ) Of course, one eventually learns better.

Back
Top Bottom