Another UK diver joins the throng.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ottershaw - Just off junction 11 of the M25. Blink and you'll miss it. Smug Druggler - great name and one not to be forgotten in a hurry. I'll watch out for it when I am next in Portland.

A warm greeting from across the pond in Canada! Although it's still chilly here, I'm eagerly awaiting my first open water dive of the season in a couple of weeks.

I know, I know some of you might be saying why the wait? Simple I wanted to see "open water". Too much was still frozen over!

Stories, stories we love them. Do share when you have a chance. You'll love "these waters" they're a lot of fun.

Diving Gal:
6m RIB???!!!! I live in Cozumel so you can imagen that I have no idea how cold it must be there in the UK. Our waters are around 80 F. Well, welcome to the board, believe me you'll enjoy your time here!!!

Your mexican friend,

This made my day..........
I couldn't make the dive show in March due to work commitments and was really bugged that I couldn't go. I had my eye on the Suunto Stinger and knew I could pick one up cheap there. After work I was invited to a bar I had never been in before. When I went in I noticed a diving poster on the wall and asked the barmaid who the diver was. It turned out to be the owner who was at the show. A guy at the bar overheard the conversation and introduced himself. He was a PADI instructor. We got chatting and I said about the Suunto."No problem, I'll get Jim, the landlord, to pick one up for you". Bear in mind I'd never been in the place before. After a quick call to the guy's mobile,all was sorted. Two hours later, Jim came into the bar and handed me the watch and walked off. His wife said "Are you crazy? You've never met the guy before and you just gave him £350 worth of kit! You might never see him again." Jim just looked at her bemused and said "don't worry, he's a diver". How cool is that?????

That rocks :)

Come on, you can't share a story like that and not give us the details of where this bar is!! I have a list of equipment as long as my arm and could do with meeting this guy. Think he can sort out a hydro-optics reg setup thats just fallen off the back of a RIB? (hehe)

Bit reluctant to expose my new local to that kind of publicity, people!! But it's true and that's what counts!!

Back
Top Bottom