Another weird Suunto D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I got the first batch D9 after waiting for about 4 months. Sure, I had to make full payment in advance. As you know, there was a notorious recall on D9 last year, so I had to send it back for a recall service. It took more than two months (Sigh) Guess where I got mine.

Anyway, after having a recall service done, I haven’t pay attention on downloading the logs. In the meantime, my notebook has been replaced with the brand new one after melting the motherboard (long story). Unfortunately, I lost all log data on the previous notebook. However, I could see my previous logs on D9 (Alas). Today, I installed the Suunto’s notorious SDM SW and tried to download all logs from D9. All downloaded logs are only two logs that I made last weekend. Even, those two logs aren’t identical with a D9 unit. A “MEM HIS” on D9 shows that there are over 200 dives and over 130h bottom times, but I can’t download any history from D9. At this moment, I can NOT see any more logs except the last weekend’s ones.

Yes, I reinstalled SDM several times (v. 2.5 & 2.3), but nothing helps.

What is the matter with this D9?

Any expertise?

I don't have D9 but from what I remember about my Vyper 'mem his' shows just aggregated numbers over the whole life of the device, but it doesn't mean that all of it available in the details for download. Still, it should be more than 2 dives. Can you see details of the dives in your D9 - date, time, depth, temperature etc?

I can only see only 2 dives on MEM LOG. at this moment. As I recall, it records 36 hrs dive times.

Well, in this case, I hate to say, but it looks like your dives are gone - for whatever reason computer didn't record them.
I got into the habit of downloading pretty much after each day of diving to be on the safe side (and to analyze dives as well).

Back
Top Bottom