Ansell Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just discovered the joy that is ansell point tonight.

What an awesome site. We found a little squid. he was the cutest thing ever. we also found an octopus at about 50ft. he was rather large as well. lots of interesting life there and definitely one of my favourite sites, for sure. except for the terrible horrible entry and exit. oh my. i ended up leaving my weights and fins at the bottom and went back for them once my gear was removed. but that is a nasty, nasty hill. it really was an awesome dive. We didnt find the wolf eels unfortunately, but perhaps next time.

vis was about 20ft, flat surface and not too much current. perfect night for a dive.

WOW cool. I have not dove there at night. Ryan is right I have bad luck with the octos. We have not found one there yet and we did not find the 3 dens at furry creek, nor have I found the ones at porteau. oh well, hope of finding one is what me diving. lol. Are you diving this weekend at all? or a night dive sometime next week?
Les

Les: I haven't been back there since that dive with you, Ryan and myself. .... What a day that was :wink:

Les, yes I am diving this weekend...i think to Lookout Point. i'd like to see that site. havent been there yet. :) wanna get a night dive in next week then? i have to check my schedule and whatnot, but i'd be interested. :)

Bjorn...i know a few people who believe ansell is cursed. seriously. it seems like everything bad happens there. me with my stupid tank valve issue last night, there have been lots of OOA incidents there, foot-first ascents...but all this stuff seems to happen only at ansell and nowhere else. it's quite bizarre.

Les I think your bad luck rubed off on me i did a dive at porteau on monday layin down more firehose and the big octo is gone oh well. The wolf eels at ansell have moved so good luck finding them. Hey CoW what about me? i wanna go divin:D. The lingers at porteau are gettin protective i had a few follow me for a while i was ready to beat them with the back of my light.

ryan, if ya wanna go diving, give me a call. but i am never available for diving on weekends, unfortunately.

COW, Ryan you avail for a night dive this wed or thurs night? whytecliff? I would do lookout point if I had a day off but so far I am working. I don't know the lookout site to be comfortable on a first night dive.
Les

i may be available. i'd have to check...

as for lookout point, i actually just dove it. it's a really easy dive. pretty shallow, and there's a nice wall on the left hand side of the bay. have to be really careful with tides there though as there is a really strong current close to the corner. other than tide concerns, it's pretty easy, and similar to whytecliff.

it was kinda creepy...i was diving there a couple days ago with someone with even less experience than i, and i was leading the dive and doing all the navigation...and i hadnt even dove the site before. i was quite impressed with myself for surfacing exacly where i had planned too. :D teehee. that was the first dive i led ever (i'm still new, you see, so i tend to follow). but it was rather exciting.

Back
Top Bottom