Anthony's Key Resort/Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6Gill

Reaction score
Hi! I'm signed up for an all inclusive 7 Night package at this resort. (Anthony's Key Resort/Roatan) 3 Single tank dives per day and 3 single tank night boat dives. Three meals a day, Standard room. Airfare, etc. from Dallas to the location and back included. I would like some data from people who have used this resort and dive facilities. Any and all factual data on Roatan, this resort, etc. will be appreciated!! :)

You will not be disappointed. Good food. Bring lots of bug repellent. Can I go too?

leadweight once bubbled...
You will not be disappointed. Good food. Bring lots of bug repellent. Can I go too?

Thanks for the info! I'll be there from May 3, '03 until May 10, '03. Yes, I will take plenty of bug juice with deet in it.:cheers: :cheers How's the local beer? :bonk:

I know about these things 6Gill!

The local brewery Cervecería Hondureña makes Holsten under license.

It's lager.
It's gassy.
It makes you fart.

It's not like English beer that's warm and flat and puts hair on your chest! AArrrrrrrrrrrr! :)

However, there's nothing like a nice cold beer after a long day's vacationing, while you tuck into your chihuahua sandwich.

Enjoy your holiday!

We stayed at BIBR down the beach a few years back and did the dolphin dive with AKR. They seemed to have a well run organization then, and I haven't seen any comments to the contrary by anybody recently. The only thing I am a bit hesitant about was that it appeared that the boats were very crowded when we went, but it was also the week before easter, so that might have been the cause.

If you are flying TACA (take a chance airlines) carry all your essentials in a carryon. They have a very well established pattern of losing baggage for a few days especially heavy dive bags on the flight that changes planes in Belize. Be aware that they can be pretty harsh about your carryon too, so try to keep it relatively small...They tried to take mine away that had regs and such in it. When i told them I needed some of the stuff in them, the helpful flight attendant offered a plastic bag...when she saw how much I was putting in it, she offered me a second one, so I emptied the entire bag into two of theirs and walked on the plane. Note sure exactly how that saved space, but it got her off my back.

Hope that helps...Good luck and hope to cya there!

AggieDiver

6Gill once bubbled...
I would like some data from people who have used this resort and dive facilities. Any and all factual data on Roatan, this resort, etc. will be appreciated!! :)

Anthony's Key seemed like a really nice place. We stayed at Fantasy Island and as soon as we saw AKR, we wished we had stayed there instead. We did a dolphin dive there, which was great.

Definately take the bug juice!

Shark dive is also worth looking into. It wasn't through AKR. It was at a place (can't remember the name) where there were tons of little shops. It was between AKR and Fantasy.

Hi, (AggieDiver) We will be leaving Dallas on SOL Airways to Roatan nonstop. I would think that some of the same things apply as to luggage/carry ons.

I will do the dolphin dive if I get a chance as I have always wanted to dive or even snorkle with them. This will be our first time in Roatan.

We did Cozumel last year in April with our dive club...it was a ball!:wink: We were supposed to go to Belize in April with the same group, however; not enough people in Club signed up for it. So, we will be on our own in Roatan/AKR:(

By-the way... Thanks to all that replied to my request for info!:band:

My g/f and I will be on the Bay Islands Aggressor IV March 1-8. We fly Taca from Houston, will post a report when we return.

Last few reports had the weather being a bit ticklish right now, but seems to me that we won't be getting any wetter if it rains.

Question I have for anyone is how luggage can catch up with us if we are on a liveaboard?

Back
Top Bottom