Any Advanced OW Padi courses that I can fully complete while in Indianapolis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My job is going to send me to Indianapolis to work out of our office in monument circle. I believe that’s the downtown area. But I will be there for some time and thought since I’m there for several weeks I want to jump into my advanced training.

Can canyons recommend any aow courses I can take here during my stay?

My job is going to send me to Indianapolis to work out of our office in monument circle. I believe that’s the downtown area.
Can canyons recommend any aow courses I can take here during my stay?
Monument Circle is downtown. There's a lot going on in and around Indy.

There are 2 dive shops I'm familiar with around Indy and there is at least 1 more I've never been to.
Indy MPH Watersports (317) 842-1988
Divers Supply (317) 897-2822

Both shops are now SSI affiliated. You'd have to call to see if they are offering AOW during your stay. It is cold right now and I do know that Indy MPH does the deep dive in a quarry - and that is some cold water at 60+ feet. Both may offer the academics and maybe pool sessions for some of the specialties.

Have fun in Indy.

But I will be there for some time....
What's your departure timeframe? . AOW cert is 60ft + depth and lots of those places are closed in the Jan>Mar months.

Enriched Air Nitrox is always a good card to have, if you don't already have it. It takes just a few hours with no dives required.

PADI lists three dive centers near Indianapolis:
AOW will be tough to do in the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom