Any alternative to phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have already been to samui, koh tao, and phuket few times. I'm planing for a trip outside thailand around early june before my return to thailand. It has to be somewhere in asia and I have Bali in mind or may be boracay philiphine Few reasons i deicded bali, good diving, nightlife and overall cost.

Nightlife with plenty of girls, safty and good infrastructure like movies, starbucks,..are priorities beside good dive, any other location you recommand? Thank you :D

My rule of thumb is that if there's water, there's diving. As for the rest of what you're looking for, I have no suggestions.

Wow, if you want "Nightlife with plenty of girls, safety and good infrastructure like movies, starbucks,.." there's not better place for a dive holiday than staying INSIDE Thailand in Pattaya. The city is famous / infamous for its roaring nightlife, plus we're Thailand's 3rd biggest city, so we've got the Starbucks (and every other fast food convenience you'd imagine), 2 multiplexes, 2 bowling alleys, every other water sport you can think of, 3 malls. You name it. The convenience of city life and the pleasure of 20 different dive sites including 3 deep wrecks.

There's more about Pattaya at www.divinginstructortraining.com/paradise and about our dive services at www.aquanautsdive.com

divinginstructortraining.com/paradise/nightlife.asp
Thank you, but Pattaya looks very scary in that pic. I'm searching for a green paradise, somewhere outside thailand

a green paradise with Starbucks, movies and "plenty of girls"? Would you stop pulling our legs.

No, I'm just another romantic diver who enjoys eating pancake and onion booty after long day diving :eyebrow:

Sabang, Puerto Galera. No Star bucks (except on your way to catch the ferry). But they just opened another disco for people like you. Check the Philippines thread for details.

Thanks for recommandation, seems Sabang, Puerto Galera better option than boracay which is too small, further away from manila and less exciting dive sites but still i'm convinced Bali as my first choice as it offers more because of larger enviroment

More comments...Thanks

plenty of nightlife once you get back to Thailand

why dont you try Kapalai or for little critters how about Bastiano's at lembeh.

Or if wrecks are your thing you could check out Coron (Palawan)

Traminer:
Sabang, Puerto Galera. No Star bucks (except on your way to catch the ferry). But they just opened another disco for people like you. Check the Philippines thread for details.

ditto. philippine divers opt going for puerto galera than boracay. but if your not gonna dive that much then i'd go for boracay's nightlife

Back
Top Bottom