Any Canucks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!..and Gals!

Hows it going? Just curious if there are any Canadians on this board from south western British Columbia . I am a new diver from vancouver and it would be great to have a thread where people from the same area can exchange dive stories, viz reports ect.... From what I have head diving in PNW..Washington is much like that of the coast of BC..

anyways it would be great to hear from all of you!

Cheers

Tommy

We have quite a number of Canucks in the Vancouver / lower mainland / Vancouver Island area. I'm sure they'll be pipping up soon.

Come on guys, I know that there are some canadians out there, more specifilcally British Columbians!

so lets hear from you!

cheers:)

I just found this board recently. I'm a UBC student, who is involved with the dive club there. There is some great diving out here and quite a few divers in the Vancouver area. Hopefully some of them will contribute to the board.

Just found this board, but yup, I'm a Vancouver diver. Nice to see it's cooling off and getting back into the good dive season. Better viz, and I don't sweat my ass off getting into the fleece anymore...

C.

TTT,

If you want to do some diving on Vancouver Island, let me know. I'm an instructor and teach in Victoria and in Nanaimo; I live in Vic. I'm always up for fun dives though (even after teaching all day). Have you seen the wrecks in Nanaimo yet?

Hi...

I live in Victoria and do the majority of my diving in the local area!! Have dove most of the local sites.. so feel free to PM me.. if you'd like my opinion on some of the sites :)

NavyDoll

"scuba"

Hey ttt: thought i'd say hello, don't worry there are eelillions of divers in BC, check your local...
Since your in Van you have a very deep pool of divers to choose from. It's up to you to find out how to make contacts....perhaps check out a busy shop, like down on 4th and macdonald (forget the name, but they have private boats that advertise for divers who'll pony up for day running costs) or on Granville Island, or anywhere close to a wharf, like horseshoe bay...
I live on Vancouver Island (Parksville) and i'm heading to central america in several days for at least 40 days...but keep posting your experiences and when spring comes maybe several people from this board can pool time,cash and resources and we could do a really skookum trip, like Desolation sound or johston straight, or even the Queen Charlottes... vancouver island diving is some of the best in the world, but North Van isl....like approaches to knights inlet and so on...is the best in the galaxy....there are enough BC'ers on this board that some really exciting trips could be arranged

Hi TTT

Have you had a chance to sample many dive sites yet and do you have a favorite? Also do you dive dry or wet?

Enjoy your new hobby or in my case obsession. I am on a break right now. I sold my BCD and the replacement gear is slow in coming.

Back
Top Bottom