Any Canucks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All!
I'm like a lot of folks on here it seems... a newbie PNW diver with my OW cert. in hand and an itchin' to get out in the big blue! I hear Vic/Island diving is great...and I can't wait to get over there to check it out! I've got friends to stay with which is super..but none of them dive...(*yet). I don't have my own gear yet, so I'm hoping some local divers can give me the low down on where the best place(s) to rent gear in the Vic area. Any other tips and or contacts for Vic or Van. would be appreciated!
Cheers! & Happy Diving! :D

Hi VanGirl,

I'm an instructor in Victoria, so I can answer any questions you might have. The dive shop whom I work for, Great Ocean Adventures, does a free Sunday morning dive every sunday at 10am. You show up, and can rent any gear you might need, then one of the stores Dive Masters takes the group on guided dives. They go rain or shine, even if there's only one person. There are usually four or five people that show up each week. It's a great chance to meet people, and to go diving if you have no buddies.

Frank Whites Dive Store, one of the other shops in Victoria, does their free guided dive on Saturday. They're a very friendly store. So, if you come over for a weekend of diving, you should be able to get four dives out of your $50 rental.

If you're interested in renting a guide, I'd be happy to take you out. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Happy diving,

hey i am from north van, I go out diving every couple of weekends just for a splash. want to go

if you ever dive at Whytecliff or Porteau Cove you'll see me there... I've gone through my log book, and going back to the beginning of May there have only been 3 weekends that I haven't been at either one of those two sites... and one of those was because I was at Grey Cup in Regina!!! Needless to say I'm a very active diver.

If any of you are interested... there is a social dive for Monday night (Dec. 15/03) out to a great wreck in Indian Arm: Wreck of the VT100... basically we are meeting at 5:30... leave by 6, and be back by 11:30... If you are interested and want more details feel free to PM me. This is a great site as it is an actual WRECK and NOT an artificial reef.

Hey! Cool about the wreck trip in Indian Arm. :D I can't wait to take my night diving and deep diving classes soon so that I can go check out stuff like that with more experienced local divers...and I hear there are some sunken destroyers to check out near Nanaimo. ...
Hearing about all these cool places to dive from everyone here... I'm even more convinced that I took up THE right sport! I can hardly wait to get my advanced ticket now!
Cheers & Happy Diving!
:scuba:

Hi VanGirl,

I am from Vancouver - Kits in fact :butnhome:

I took off about the last 6 months but will get back into it shortly.

Went to Coz for a month in July and just cannot seem to haul my butt back into my drysuit.

Always up for diving.

Curtis2

Hey everyone, its been a while since I have visted the board, been super busy with school. Anyone go to Capilano College by any chance? I have not been in the water since the christmas break either, how is the viz? I also now have my own gear, so hopfully I will be getting wet much more frequently. I have only dove my gear a few times and am still getting everything fined tuned.

Anyone know a good way to attach an octopus to a bc?

Has anyone dove indian arm recently? I live right on the arm, so its where most of my diving will happen, hows the viz been?

Anyways, must get back to studying, stupid midterms

Cheers

TTT:
Anyone know a good way to attach an octopus to a bc?

I've found that zip-tying a crab to a D-ring is an effective method. The octopus will attach itself to your BC and won't let go until it's completely consumed the crab and taken a nice post-meal nap ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom