Any charters do 3 tank dives in cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if there are any dive charters that offer 3 tank dives?
TIA

Haven't really seen anything about 3 tank charters but it's easy to get 3+ dives in with an op. Below is a link to a spreadsheet to give you some ideas (post #125 is last I updated it.).

Dive Paradise does a 3-tank early AM trip. Great reviews from the folks that did it the last day of the recent SB Invasion:

When I have chartered a whole boat with Aldora they had no problem throwing a 3rd tank in there for everyone and just staying out until we were done.

Doing back-to-back trips with 3P all week and they are just going to drop us at a beach club while they turn the boat around (or we can ride back to the marina and eat lunch while they do)

I think most ops are open to doing 3 tanks if demand is there. If you are solo or just a a pair of divers most ops aren’t going to create a 3 tank trip just for you , but if you have 4 or more divers a lot of ops will make the 3 tank happen.

I am pretty sure Pelagic Ventures (the op I normally use ) sometimes does 3 tanks if demand is there but my memory on it is a little fuzzy because it has been a while since I dove in the morning.

I'd personally love if someone started running 3 tank dives. I've done the 4 tank thing with 3P and its just a long exhausting day. Running back to town for more tanks is inefficient and a waste of gas.

But I understand there is not much desire for this.

Take a look at the three tank "adventure dive" with Aldora. We did three sites way out north of the island. I shot my first lionfish and had fresh ceviche with chips and salsa after the second dive. One of the beauties of three tanks is it made it worthwhile to take the long ride to the north. We saw sites nobody else goes to and had 4 hours of entertaining dives with the HP120 tanks. They also gave us each a nautilus to use, cause you don’t want to get lost out there.

Aldora Adventure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom