Any cheap flashlights as video lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fer_abella

Registered
Reaction score
I have seen some very good prices for underwater flashlights capable of delivering from 200 lumen. For example i have 2 here that cost 26$ both shipped and work very good as flashlights delivering 180 lumens, but its light beam is very narrow so are not good as video lights but highly effective as normal lights.
But there are another type in the 80$ area delivering 1500 lumen with various led in the front. None of them seem to be wideangle and majority are not waterproof, but i have done conversions of land lights to underwater use in the past.
You remember also some conversions of one interesting japanese member of this forum and others (now do not remember its name) that do a lot of conversions of dealextreme flash lights to video underwater with some sucess.

The question is : I would like to transform some of these flash lights ar inclusive led panel land video lights (like the ones with 170 leds and 2000 lumens) for underwater use at a very affordable cost. Does anybody did that or investigate the correct lights to start with?

Back
Top Bottom