Any D3 and Zenith feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you miss my comment about thick gas? :) A mix with helium in it (that I hope you will be using at 200) is a thin gas that will make a moderate performing reg behave quite nicely....and you are on gassing and as long as the WOB isn't bad enough to cause CO2 retention you are GTG, especially as you wont be using it as long as a deco reg. Thicker gas is harder for a reg to handle.

For greater efficiency plain ole comfort IMHO it makes more sense to put your regs with the easiest WOB on your deco regs. Of course I short circuit all this by having the same regs all around, ease of interchangeability easier to have service kits in my save a dive trunk.
Because Im at 70 or 20 ft instead of the time at 200 ft.

Did you miss my comment about thick gas? :) A mix with helium in it (that I hope you will be using at 200) is a thin gas that will make a moderate performing reg behave quite nicely....and you are on gassing and as long as the WOB isn't bad enough to cause CO2 retention you are GTG, especially as you wont be using it as long as a deco reg. Thicker gas is harder for a reg to handle.

For greater efficiency plain ole comfort IMHO it makes more sense to put your regs with the easiest WOB on your deco regs. Of course I short circuit all this by having the same regs all around, ease of interchangeability easier to have service kits in my save a dive trunk.

Nope - I caught it. And yes, Im well educated on EADD and how Trimix affects WOB. BUT - not EVERY DIVE is to 200 feet and not every dive has Trimix.

Isnt all of this mute, if you already said that the WOB difference is only noticeable to a machine?

BTW - a friend of mine ordered and picked up 12 HOG (not all for himself, 4 for him and 4 each fr his 2 sons) regs last night (at my recomendation) . Included in his order was a mix of D1 and D3. He said that the D3s were absolutely beautiful!!

He is diving them in the quarry this weekend so I should get a report back then!

Got A D3 today and diving it this weekend...

Looking forward to reading reviews about the Zeniths too especially when Dive Gear Express has a fantastic package price for them which will do just fine for my sidemount rig.

Trying to figure out how many LP/HP ports this reg has. I looked at DRIS, Divegear Express and the EDGE/HOG website and I am not finding anything that tells how many ports there are. I am thinking about getting another Zenith and the D3 next month and would like to know first.

Thanks

5LP ports, 2HP

I've put probably 20-30 dives on mine so far and absolutely love them. I can't compare to the D1/D2, but I see a few more of these in my future.

5LP ports, 2HP

I've put probably 20-30 dives on mine so far and absolutely love them. I can't compare to the D1/D2, but I see a few more of these in my future.

Cool thanks...that is exactly what I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom