Any DIR or wannabe-DIR folks in Philly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was inspired to ask by UnderSeaBumbleBee's post "Any DIR folks that dive Lake Jocassee in Salem, SC?"

I'm a grad student in Philadelphia and basically a vacation diver. No tanks, no car makes diving here difficult, but if anyone lives here and would be willing to give me a lift (to a dive shop to rent tanks and the dive site) then I'd be happy to dive pretty much any time. I'm done with courses, etc. and just working on my dissertation now so my schedule is super flexible.

I dive both singles and doubles and I'll be happy to practice drills, kicks and such - I need to work on them anyway in my cold water setup as I passed my DIRF in a 3mm wetsuit back in the tropics. So if anyone in Philly planning to take DIRF wants to a DIRF trained buddy to prepare with then I'm your guy. Or if anyone wants to train for an upcoming Rec Triox or Tech 1 course then I'm up for that too as I'd like to take them one of these days (as soon as my budget allows trimix diving). Or if anyone just wants a Philly-trapped, DIRF trained dive buddy then let me know.

P.S. I'll be happy to pay for the gas.

edit: D'oh, mods, please change the title to "Any DIR or wannabe-DIR folks in Philly?"

Got bump?

Still looking. If anyone in the area is planning to take DIRF and wants to prep for it then I'm available to practice with. As I said I need the practice myself since I don't have a DIR team to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom