Any Experience with these reps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CohoJoe

Registered
Reaction score
Contacted several reps by e-mail.

Narrowed it down to Papa Hogs & Eagle-Ray Divers.

Both responded in detail to my questions.

My buddy (wife) and I are both newbies. Certified last year with and a couple dives besides.

Going to Coz very soon.

Thanks in advance for your input.

:)

Of the two, I'd go with Papa Hogs. They have an excellent reputation. Experienced divers as well as new divers are very pleased with the dive sites chosen. You'll be in very good hands with Margaret and her crew. They have some of the best Divemasters on the island.

Nothing against Eagle-Ray Divers, I just don't know that much about them.

I know they (Papa Hogs) have a pier by their place, which would be good to do a check out dive to get reacquainted with gear.

I have heard from other sources that Papa Hogs are great with new divers also.

Thanks again.

Where are you stayin? I think Eagle Ray is out of the marina. Papa Hogs is half way to the marina from town. If you are stayin in town or north of Papa Hog's there might be some "other" choices. Cab rides can get real old and are a rip off. Not bad for one ride but gets old and expensive. In the "perfect world " I think you'd like someone that will pick you up where you are stayin or is a short hike.

adios don O

We're traveling with some none divers and plan on getting a car for several days. (we'll be there for 10 days)

The past several years we've been staying at different rental units. This year back from the main square (35? Ave).

This will be our first time diving there. Traveling back & forth could eat up the peso's. With the car and arrangements with our roomies we could possibly cut cab travel in half.

Any other sugestion would be helpful.

Don O, do have you experience with other dive operators that will pick you up?

Thanks,

BingoBirch

I guess I was meaning "pick you up" like at a dock at the place where you are stayin. I spent 7 weeks down there in Nov/Dec researching "all" of the options. There are some good independents and non-store front operators that would/might pick you up. If you'll send me a note with your E-mail address I can send you some addresses.

adios don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom