Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good to me Mike and also sounds like ya'll are on a good gravel bed. Like Lee said, the bigger the gravel the bigger the teeth. Just listing to the Weatherman and they are expecting 3 to 5 inches of rain Thursday and Friday. Which means the Rivers should have a strong current this weekend. Hopefully Vis won't be bad for Ya'll. Lee , Phil I guess you two need to add some lead weight to your Butts to keep you on the bottom, LOL. My dive Sunday the current was ripping so two screw drivers and 32# of weight to keep me in place. I'm like a crab going across the bottom........... whatever works.

The Edisto is perfect for fossiling at the moment, BUT it will be getting deeper and faster in short order given the predicted rainfall. HeadEast and Phil worked the Edisto today. HeadEast sent over a message and reported no significant finds. Steve M. will join them tomorrow. HeadEast said he would post up some photos

I have tried many things over the years and a garden tool called a hoe/cultivator is the item I found that works best for me. It basically puts three prongs or spikes underneath you with your weight on top. In no time flat it catches on something and your backwards motion stops. Plus its a great digging tool.

Found this one at Lowes in Summerville
1984500_L_01.JPG

Last edited:
Pictures and an update as promised.

First off there has been a LOT of rain in the area, a good chunk of it fell on us today and the river has come up 1ft in about 20hours.

Had a blast on the river as usual.

Day1
day1.jpg
Day2 - A little more rain
day2.jpg
First Dive Day1
dive1.jpg
Second Dive Day1 my highlight teeth, lots of other smalls like the previous dive
dive2.jpg

Underwater Pic from Day 2
t1.jpg

Did pretty good the second day(today), found a tooth well over 5inches broken in half, other than that the overall size was smaller than most of the teeth in the pics above but got some pretty nice quality medium teeth, will put pics up later after I get them unpacked/cleaned.

Two day haul in totes, day 2 on top.
totes.jpg

Man O Man, thanks for posting the photos Jason. Some little sweeties in the bunch and one with some size....YEA! I am diving the Edisto on Saturday and 4 hours planned offshore Venice next Saturday. Mega rain go away till another day!

The rain actually looks refreshing! Like seeing the teeth laying on the yellow. Nice contrast. Nice bottom shot TOO!

No problem, here are a couple I pulled out as highlights, a couple of them are pretty beat up but there are a couple of gems in there.
I know there are a few more nice ones I just didn't have time to go through the whole thing.

highlights.jpg

This was the heartbreaker of the day for me 5.6 inches, if only the other half was there.
heartbreak.jpg

Some of the nicer teeth after getting a light scrub and starting to dry out.

dscn3659m.jpg

Unfortunately we got a lot of rain when we were on the water and the river rose as we were diving, overnight the level came way up and made it undiveable for Scubadadee and people that were going out diving with him over the next few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom