Any Hockey Fans Around???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carolina Hurricanes

Section 121 row R

15 rows off the ice on the blue line

DeputyDan:
Carolina Hurricanes

Section 121 row R

Let me just state, I'm not bashing the Canes or their fans, I'm just curious about the state of NHL health in non-traditional markets....

Do you feel the Canes will have decent attendance for their regular season games? I was shocked at the attendance last year when watching the B's play the Canes in Carolina. Are the locals finally going to embrace hockey now that they have The Cup?

DeputyDan:
Carolina Hurricanes

Section 121 row R

Chicago Blackhawks
Section 329 upper level or better known as the Nose Bleed section on the corners $15 to $25 dollar seats just love it up there.

I am suprised Diver Dennis has not found this yet. Anyways go Badgers(That would be the 2006 NCAA men's and woman's champions) !

Cant wait till trainning camp open s in Sept so i can see what the Blackhawks will look like this year with all these trades they have made so far. There camps are open to the public so i usually go for a few hour s at least once a week. Does anyone else do this ?

cowjazz:
Let me just state, I'm not bashing the Canes or their fans, I'm just curious about the state of NHL health in non-traditional markets....

Do you feel the Canes will have decent attendance for their regular season games? I was shocked at the attendance last year when watching the B's play the Canes in Carolina. Are the locals finally going to embrace hockey now that they have The Cup?

My personal opinion about embracing hockey is "Not a chance in Hell" !

There are a small group of locals that have converted into hockey fans but the make up of the base - is people who have transferred in from traditional hockey markets. There are enough of those folks here to keep the arena full on most nights.

One big problem in our area is the cost of hockey versus the cost of local college sports. With college football the big draw you can purchase seasons tickets for $25- $35 each game for six or seven games - whereas for hocky the gate prices in my section are $85 for forty some games. Big difference.

Also, the team's management had the attitude that here we are you should bow to us. The politics of the relationship between the team and the community just could not have been worse the first few years the team was here and alot of bad feelings are still alive and strong.

Bottom line - everyone loves a winner and they want to be associated with one. A team that wins championships will succeed anywhere - a team that always loses will not succeed anywhere - look at the problems with the Blackhawks for the last few years.

I am glad we have a team here as a fan. If I were an owner I would not want a team in the southeast - Texas or the southwest.

At least you dont have an owner like the Blackhawks have. I sure you have heard of Mr Bill Wirtz. Around here we call him Dollar Bill.Before the strike and the new Cap he would never go out and spent big time on a player.But this year he seems to have open up his wallet a little more.At least he did not raise ticket prices this year.

Back
Top Bottom