Any info on Pepescuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colo_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
and the Coral Princess, got what looks like a good package price thru expedia inc diving for 5 days and air fare from denver for 2200 bucks for 2, but we havent heard of Pepe...... any feed back would be most welcome

thanks

When I considered staying at Coral Princess I did a lot of searching for comments on Pepe's and I did find positive reports on other sources. I don't think many people on this board stay North of town, so you may not get much if any feedback. I found comments on Pepe's mostly by searching online for reviews of Coral Princess. They were included as part of a hotel review and all were positive.

colo_diver:
and the Coral Princess, got what looks like a good package price thru expedia inc diving for 5 days and air fare from denver for 2200 bucks for 2, but we havent heard of Pepe...... any feed back would be most welcome

thanks

The Coral Princess is a nice hotel. Stayed there in 2003 and when I go back to cozumel will consider staying there again. You can find alot on info on them on tripadvisor.com. Would also use Pepe scuba again. If you are staying at the coral princess they are located on the hotel grounds. The boats were small, and fast, largest group was if I remember right were about 8 divers most of the time about 6 divers. Standard diving, morning take off, beach surface interval and then the second dive.Boat ride 10 to 20 min. They let you dive your own profile, or you and your buddy will have what ever bottom time within reason on what your tank will allow. Use a computer. I went back and looked at my dive log and if you are using tables you will be going over them. The only thing about Pepe is that they are north of town so they do not tend to go to the south reefs. If you wand to go south of Santa rosa or palancar you might have to use someone else that day. They will go south more but they charge a little more and you have to have a couple of others willing to go also. not that big of a deal.

day one
1st dive night dive 40 ft 61 min

day 2
1nd dive 101 ft 39 min
2nd dive 68 ft 50 min

day 3
1st 62 ft 56 min
2nd 53 ft 59 min
3rd night dive 37 ft 59 min

day 4
1st 83 ft 50 min
2nd 59 ft 55min