Any interest in Dive/camp weekend Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I am back. Just got back into town from South Padre Island. What a nice little vacation on the beach. Sun, Surf, Sand and Suds.............Island time Texas Style.

So lets confirm who will be camp/diving this weekend Sept 20/21st:

So far I have:

Me
In10se

thevalkyry

Who is camping? Who is showing up Friday night (anyone)?

Now's the time to let me know so I can prepare. If no one is showing up until Saturday I will blow off camping on the hard ground Friday night.

Shawn O'Shea

Last edited:
Shawn I'm also completing my AOW with Rebeca Sterns this Sat. She'll come out & join us at 4:30 for the so that she and I can do the S&R dives, then we'll do the night dives as the sun sets on our beautiful Lake Travis horizon. I'll be wanting to just keep diving on through the night with whoever is willing to get wet :)

It's a shame nobody rents tanks with DIN valves. I'm still a gas hog so I'll blow through a few cuft of air before the weekend is over :(

Shawn I'm also completing my AOW with Rebeca Sterns this Sat. She'll come out & join us at 4:30 for the so that she and I can do the S&R dives, then we'll do the night dives as the sun sets on our beautiful Lake Travis horizon. I'll be wanting to just keep diving on through the night with whoever is willing to get wet :)

It's a shame nobody rents tanks with DIN valves. I'm still a gas hog so I'll blow through a few cuft of air before the weekend is over :(

Interesting. So I am solo Friday and Saturday until 4:30 PM?

Please send me your email address. My email address is shawntv@austin.rr.com

my cell phone number is 512-968-8278

Any other swampers want to join me this weekend. The dive roster is getting pretty thin.

Shawn O'Shea

Last edited:
I'll be driving into Austin on Friday night, but want to get a full day in diving on Sat. So I am happy to meet whoever wherever at whatever O-my-god-it's-early hour you want :) I just need directions.

BTW, per my dives this past weekend with TwoBit I am now an official Swamper ...

I'll be driving into Austin on Friday night, but want to get a full day in diving on Sat. So I am happy to meet whoever wherever at whatever O-my-god-it's-early hour you want :) I just need directions.

BTW, per my dives this past weekend with TwoBit I am now an official Swamper ...

Congratulations on becoming a full fledged Texas Swamp Diver. Great rewards in diving. :D

Here is the link to Barstows (Windy Point Private) map below.

Windy Point Park

6506 Bob Wentz Park Rd, Austin, TX 78732 - Google Maps

Don't go in Bob Wentz Park, take the dirt road on the right into the private portion, that is Barstows property for divers on the private side. Drive all the way to the air fill station on the right, and grab a cart to put your gear in, and look for the big "Don't mess with Texas" flag I will have flying next to the campsite. Call me for more details on Saturday. I think Richard is charging $15/day to use his facilities and last I knew its $8 a tank to fill it with air.

See you Saturday Swamper.

Shawn O'Shea

What time are we meeting??

What time are we meeting??

Pick your time:

8 AM or 9 AM which works best for you? :D

I will be set up Friday night, and just have to crawl out of the tent. :rofl3:

Looking forward to a great weekend of diving. The weather is so nice this time of year. 60's at night, and only makes it to the high 80's by 5 PM. The Lake temperature should still be warm also. With nice friends, great weather, a great location we all should have a blast.

Shawn O.

Going for the cold, hard ground there, huh? I will aim for 8 and hope I dont get lost in the backwoods of west Austin. I will be Starbuxing on my way in - would you like me to bring you a beverage...and possibly a pastry?? :)

Going for the cold, hard ground there, huh? I will aim for 8 and hope I dont get lost in the backwoods of west Austin. I will be Starbuxing on my way in - would you like me to bring you a beverage...and possibly a pastry?? :)

That sounds too cool for breakfast. :coffee: A lot better idea than what I had planned.

We are not on any hard timeline so don't rush. It's a wonderful weekend of diving FUN.

SO

The role of coffee-fairy is one I am very familiar with - I dont mind :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom