any interest in Tech Classes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if there might be any interest to get a small group of people together to travel to Key Largo for a combo "advanced nitrox/deco" class. I left the price/info sheet at home... but I believe the pre-req's are age 18+, nitrox, and probably AOW. These are TDI classes.

I'm thinking this might be a good thing to do during the Feb. timeframe. They offer other classes, as well.

I was thinking of taking a long weekend to accomplish this... the combo class entails classroom work and 6 dives. Maybe fly down on a thurs. eve., return tuesday??

Any interest? thoughts?

Ken

I'm tempted, as I've been planning on doing the course sometime next spring. However I have reservations that are two-fold.

1) The TDI instructor I plan on using is known as an extremely good instructor; from others as well as my own personal experience.

2) I actually prefer to do my training up here... that way there aren't any surprises when using it up here.

But... it is tempting, and I'll think about it some more.

I'd be all for training with Diver City, as I was also impressed with their operation, and instilled with confidence by the way they run things.

I agree with Spectre about preferring to train in the conditions I'll most often be diving however, and I'm still dangling nitrox certification as a carrot to help me over the "6 months without nicotine" hurdle. I'd be excited to take the class up here in the spring though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom