Any *Multicolor" (Blue) Diving lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All, a lot of corals fluoresce brightly under a blue light and look amazing (I have a blue LED light I use in my aquarium often for fun). Does any body know of a dive light that has multiple colors (primarily blue
- although red would be nice too because my understanding is red light doesn't bother the aquatic life much). It doesn't have to be real bright or anything - just another cool way to look at the reef. If you know of anything, please let me know! Thanks,
--Kyle

Light & Motion makes one with a red filter. Let me know if you want me to send you one.

Hey Mike,
Yeah, it is pretty amazing. I have a reef aquarium at home and a blue LED flashlight that just makes the corals look amazing in the dark. Thanks for the information! That Big Blue light + lenses would be nice - but kind of pricey... Shoot, there should be some $5 blue film I could apply to one of my existing dive lights and be good to go! But $75 for a couple of blue "lenses" / mask cover that only fit one $135 light is a bit much... Thanks again though - that is what I'm looking for! :) Take care,
--Kyle

---------- Post Merged at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Light & Motion makes one with a red filter. Let me know if you want me to send you one.

Thanks, do you have a link to product info? I'm really not looking for one that's just red though. Blue is what I want the most, but a light that has red and blue LEDs would be awesome (I have one - just can't dive with it and it isn't really bright). Take care,
--Kyle

Look into glow dive. Www.glowdive.com They make underwater uv lights. No filter or lenses needed. I did a glow uv dive in grand cayman, and it was awesome.

Thanks, those look nice! I wonder how the UV light compares with the blue light (in their photos, they only show green fluorescing, but other colors should fluoresce as well). It looks like they're kind of expensive at about $275 for the dive light alone. Website says they're traveling until July 15th, so I'm not sure if they can be ordered or not. I'll keep looking around.

I'd be happy with just some kind of blue film I could apply to the flashlight glass (kind of like those red magic-filters people apply to camera housings). Or maybe a blue glass lens that I could apply when needed to the light (kind of like that fluorodiving kit's lens). Thanks,
--Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom