Any One for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captain

Contributor
Reaction score
Captain,

This is a very nice find. Thank you for sharing it. I saw some Sportsways single hose regs, at least one of the first generation Calypso regulators, an Aquamaste, Mistral, and perhaps even a DA Aqualung being used in this film. Oval masks were used almost exclusively, and I saw Duckfeet fins. Pretty neat! LA County put a very positive spin on diving too. I was certified LA County in 1963, and this looks like a few years later than that, but still in the 1960s.

SeaRat

Last edited:
One immediate contrast is the hands and arms, the underwater use of hands for maneuvering is not considered good form today. I tend to agree, all the arm waving and paddling is kind of funny. BUT, all in all, a pretty cool old film from the Pre Nanification Era.

N

I'd e-mail LA County... see if permissions are still required... (or just get their OK anyway)... I can't see as they'd have any problem letting you use it...

Then... download and burn the file to DVD and go...

If you're not sure about the technical side, I'd be happy to send a copy if permissions aren't in question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom