Any one have fundraising ideas for a dive club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am currently a a scuba diving high school student and have started a dive club to get others started as well. However, many high schoolers that want to learn don't have enough money. Any fundraising ideas?
thanks

So Amanda this is a great thing you are going for, Unfortunately I have no real Experience in fund raising, so I CAN ONLY SAY GOOD-LUCK.

You will need instructors, dive compressor, dive gear, place for meetings, gatherings, store compressor and gear.

Dive shops can sponsor your club and give discounted rentals, Instruction for your new student dive club.

Diving takes a commitment that is different than almost any other, thats why there are certified divers and there are divers.

Happy Diving

Is this a club associated with a high school, or is it a private club? There are different considerations for each type of organization, the most important of which is liability. Assuming you can get over those hurdles, fundraising ideas include bake sales, auctions of donated goods and services, car washes, Christmas tree sales, spaghetti feeds, chocolate bar sales, coupon book sales, etc. Just do a Google search on "student fundraisers" and you should find all sorts of sources and ideas.

For high school students seeking to learn how to scuba dive, I might suggest finding a local Venture Crew (a branch of Boy Scouts of America) that focuses on diving. Both boys and girls of high school age can join a Venturer Crew. A club-like structure already exists, they already have established relationships with local shops and instructors, they have financial support and fundraising events, trips, a nice fat insurance policy, and pretty much anything else you might need. The fact that the Venturing program allows a Crew to dedicate itself to a single emphasis makes it a very different program from a typical Scout Troop.

Have you asked your school if they have any available funds? Also you might be able to get a local business to sponser your club or match funds from a fund raiser. You might also have some of the kids in your club ask there parents if there work would be interested in helping you out.

Good luck
Rich

Amanda, since you're in high school, I came up with this idea:

Perhaps you can make a deal with your dive club that for every four new students you bring to the shop you get one course free? You can print out the flyers that guarantee the bearer 20% discount on dive training or whatever the dive shop is willing to offer.

This way the shop gets (almost) free advertising, you get free training and students who needed a little nudge to actually start diving get a much needed discount! Triple win situation!

The promotion must be worth something to the shop. Instead of placing an ad in the local media they pay through a discount on courses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom