Any ops on/near the north shore of Kauai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSOD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Searched back about a year, and all of the ops usually mentioned are located in the South, near/in Poipu. I'll be going in Aug/Sept, and am staying in the North near Princeville. I haven't been to Kauai before, but it looks like a decent hour+ drive to the South...

Thanks

All the good harbors are to the south!

There is a couple of shops in Kapa'a and there is a "house" shop at the Princeville Resort - - but that is getting pretty close to it.
If you are thinking about a shore dive, almost all of them will bring air & gear to Tunnels and meet you there. {There is also an independant guy that works tunnels} - - but no boats leave from the North that I know about at all!

We are staying on the North shore (Haena) in May. I will be doing my OW dives on Tunnels Beach. I am going through Dive Kauai Scuba center in Kapaa. They are meeting me at Tunnels, but said I may need to go to the South, depending on conditions. Conditions are usually good in the North in the summer. August may be OK. I will let you know how it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom