Any recommend site in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fatiger

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,
I live in Hong Kong and I’m going to visit Toronto in the Summer and plan to do some dives. Can anyone give me some advise for which dive site in the lake Ontario wroth to go and visit. Please help for I’m not familiar with the place and hope to do some research for this trip and need some names of some good dive site. I can find out more information with some names before I go! Maybe any dive shops that you recommend that can visit them? Thanks!

About 2-3hrs east of Toronto is Kingston, which has hundreds of fresh water shipwrecks, all in the 60-100' depth range. Tobermory is a bit longer drive, but again has lots of shipwrecks to see.

Thanks for the recommendation. I just try once in Kingston area and feel I need to do more next time when I come again! I’ll try to find more information of the site you mention and decide what I want to do! About Dive shop, just looking for a dive shop that arrange some short weekend trip that I can go with them. Better with some group that have good knowledge of the place. Thanks again!

A good website for general information on the Kingston, Brockville area is 1000 Islands Official Information Center - on the 1000 Islands

Kingston is about 3 hours east of Toronto, unfortunately there is only one dive shop in Kingston Welcome to Northern Tech Diver , not there is anything wrong with the shop. You will be diving in Lake Ontario and the water will be cold, 40 to 50 degrees F

Brockville is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours east of Toronto. We always use Capt. Kevin at Welcome-Seeway Vision. We stay at Caigers Cove Caiger's Resort your key to adventure in the 1000 Islands.
You will be diving in the St. Lawrence Seaway and the water can get up to the mid 70's by the end of summer, but you will be diving in quite a bit of current and sometimes the shipping channel. If you make it here you have to go to the Walmart of dive shops Dive Tech Training Centre - Home Page

Tobermory is about 4 hours north/west of Toronto. Tobermory Welcomes You! At the tip of the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario, Canada is a good general info web site. We always use Steve at Tobermory Aquasports. We always stay at Ruth's at www.coachhouseinnresort.com. You will be diving in Lake Huron and below the thermalcline the water temp can be in the low 40's to mid 30's.

www.scubaq.ca has pictures of the wrecks in the Great Lakes

Sorry, but to compare Dive Tech to Wallmart doesn't seem quite right.... :)

I think of it as the dream dive shop I'd always wanted to have.

The only reference was to the size of the shop and the amount of gear Dan stocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom