Any recommended shops for certification in central North Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyboots

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Just getting into this, so forgive if the post is in the wrong place but looking for any shops in the central NC area for certification for a buddy and I. Maybe the wife if I can afford her getting into the hobby.

We went through Blue Dolphin in Winston; they use Blue Stone Quarry in Thomasville. Several good instructors there, I've interacted with all of them. All 4 of my family members went at once, and we had a great time. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Just getting into this, so forgive if the post is in the wrong place but looking for any shops in the central NC area for certification for a buddy and I. Maybe the wife if I can afford her getting into the hobby.
Its not exactly central NC but I highly reccomend Discovery Diving in Beaufort. I did my OW and AOW through them and it went extreemly well. The AOW checkout dives are all on shipwrecks off the coast and still some of my favorite dives I have done.

I dive with a group out of New Bern, Divin Dawg's Scuba. Their phone number is 252-638-3432. Really great group of people. They always have a lot of actives and trips going on. We went to Cayman Brac with them last year and are headed to Roatan next month with them.

I know it’s not central NC, but if you ever end up on the coast I would avoid Coastal Scuba in North Myrtle Beach. Terrible experience with a dive charter there, and ended up reporting them to PADI for egregious standards violations on some friends’ Discover Scuba Dive.

I know it’s not central NC, but if you ever end up on the coast I would avoid Coastal Scuba in North Myrtle Beach. Terrible experience with a dive charter there, and ended up reporting them to PADI for egregious standards violations on some friends’ Discover Scuba Dive.
yikes, good to know. I stick to Discovery and Olympus. Excellent opperations and excellent training.

Back
Top Bottom