Any reports from Mermet Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digdug87

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone been to Mermet Springs lately? How the water conditions, and the park? I'm going with my LDS there next weekend, just trying to get some more information before I go. It's been about a year since I've been there.

Just got done with three days of diving there-did about ten dives in total. It was my first time to the place and was very impressed with the facilities and staff. Glen really has made sure his facility lives up to his tagline of "diving in first class." Friday I did four dives and the visibility was good (15 feet or so in most parts). Saturday and today, as one might expect, the visibility became progressively worse. It was particularly bad this afternoon; probably in the four to five foot range at 30'. Of course, deeper it was better but even this morning at 100' it was probably only ten feet at best. My dive buddy today has dove there over 100 times this year and said that was the worst visibility he has seen at that depth. It is usually much better.

We did run across a small school of paddlefish Saturday afternoon on the north side of the quarry around 25'. I was able to get a short video of them. We went back today to try and find them again but the visibility was so bad they were hard to spot and since they're a bit skittish anyway they were difficult to track once we did find them. I posted a video to Youtube of them.

Overall, I'm sure things will settle down over the next week and you'll have a great time next weekend. Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom