Any San Diego Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdbaroni

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering what the population of San Diego divers is like on this forum?

I'm a PADI DM certified for over 6 years, but I just dive for recreation, though I haven't even done much of that in the last year. Seems my wife think it's always a bit too cold to dive here and she’s my usual dive buddy. If there is anyone out there who needs a conscientious conservative diver as a dive buddy every now and then, drop me a note, it’d be fun to hook up with some other divers in town.

sdbaroni

Does a Canuck visiting at the end of March count? Will be in SD for a conference. I hadn't given too much thought to bring dive stuff along -- I really didn't want to tote the drysuit etc, etc, etc.

What's the water temp and conditions?

Water temps vary here (as in most places) - at depths > 30-50ft temps are typically in mid 50's year round. Temps will be in the upper 50's at the surface in the winter. I tend to stay away from depths over 100ft so I could not say what temps are like beyond that around here in the winter.

HI,

I'm in San Diego. I've been certified a long time but didn't get to do much diving so I don't have many hours. I just started getting back into it with a friend from work who dives for a living. I'm definitely conservative and still working on just being comfortable with my gear. I haven't been in the water lately, I need to get my tanks hydro-ed and my reg. checked. When we do go out it is usually just to the Cove for mostly shallow stuff since my buddy spends the week diving she needs to play it safe on the weekend.

I want to get my husband certified but it is always a matter of time and no money or money and no time. So for now he just paddles around on our kayak while we are diving.

I travel to San Diego 3-4 times a month. I would love to hook up with anyone and dive in San Diego. I'm a new diver (13 dives) and still getting comfortable with my equipment.

If anyone is interested, email me at 99heritage@earthlink.net

Here's one in La Jolla. Heading out tomorrow morning for the Yukon then to the Ruby E. with a final stop at Point Loma Kelp forest.

Dive On!

I dive La Jolla Cove and LJ Shores all the time. PM me if anyone wants to go out diving in San Diego

AquaGuy

Good to see more San Diego divers are out there!

I'm in the San Diego/Bay Park area. Just went out on my first dive in a while last week - little tun-up dive in the kelp beds off la jaolla cove - it was sure nice to get wet again!

PM me if you are up for a dive.

sdbaroni

Back
Top Bottom