Any SoCal photographers out there looking for a dive buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HkySk8r187

Registered
Reaction score
I like to photograph and I need someone to dive with so I can go more. My normal diver friends get tired of waiting around for me to take pictures because they like to swim as fast as possible :D I'd be up for just about any dive but normally do Anacapa or Catalina.

Just sayin'...the only thing less buddy-cohesive than a hard core photographer paired up with a reglar diver, is two hard-core photographers paired up....

All the best, James

I like to photograph and I need someone to dive with so I can go more. My normal diver friends get tired of waiting around for me to take pictures because they like to swim as fast as possible :D I'd be up for just about any dive but normally do Anacapa or Catalina.

Where exactly are you in SoCal ?
When exactly are looking to dive (week, week-end, night, etc ...)?
What camera set up do you have (it's a trap question to know a little more ;-)

Just sayin'...the only thing less buddy-cohesive than a hard core photographer paired up with a reglar diver, is two hard-core photographers paired up....

LOL yeah I know what you mean. I'm not too hardcore just like to carry my camera around and stop and take a few pictures when there is a photo op. Diving safely is #1 priority so I try to pay attention to my dive and my buddy and hopefully get a few pictures along the way.

Where exactly are you in SoCal ?
When exactly are looking to dive (week, week-end, night, etc ...)?
What camera set up do you have (it's a trap question to know a little more ;-)

I live in Valencia so I usually dive Catalina or the Channel Islands, but I've heard of good dives in Long Beach and San Diego as well that I wouldn't mind trying.

I work during the week till dark so weekends are the only days I can dive.

My current camera setups:

Scuba: Canon 7D with an Aquatica housing with ports for the Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II USM, and the 100mm f/2.8 Macro. I use an Ikelite DS-161 strobe on an arm.

Surf/watersports: Canon 7D with Essex housing with pistol grip and port for Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II USM

Land: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

I have a good friend who lives in LA who is always out taking pics. I will ask him if he wants a fellow photo buddy. We used to dive together a ton and even though we are in our own worlds we always counted safety first. I will see what he thinks and let you know.

I'm in San Diego, if you make it down here and want to do any of the wrecks I'd be happy to have a photo buddy. Currently shooting with the D90 or Canon HV20 for video. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom