Any suggestions for an afternoon ATV tour or Horseback tour?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erincherie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey - Gonna be in Coz next week and was thinking about either doing an ATV tour or Horseback tour one afternoon or on a non-diving day if the weather is uncooperative with my diving plans. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Erin

The last tim I was in Cozumel, I went with my 20 year old son. He decided that diving morning, afternoon and night was more diving than he wanted to do. So we shifted gears and found afternoon activities. There was an ATV brouchure in the hotel lobby. I think it was about $60-70??? But we did it and had a great time! I would not recommend wearing anything you want to keep nice looking in the future as there were a lot of mud holes.

Just an FYI...the horses used for tours and buggy riding are in poor shape. Sadly, the cost to properly take care of them is not a priority of the owners. If possible, please avoid the horse tours.

Just an FYI...the horses used for tours and buggy riding are in poor shape. Sadly, the cost to properly take care of them is not a priority of the owners. If possible, please avoid the horse tours.

???? If everyone avoids them...the poor horses will probably never get fed.:depressed:

Thanks for the tip - I'll check out some of the ATV tours.

Take a good look at the condition of the horses and their environment in which they live. Most of them are tied out during the day, all day, exposed to the elements. Although, some have been given hats to protect them from the sun. :shakehead: Many are kept on very short ties connected to a tree or post...all day. Then take a good look at their tack. I have seen very poorly fitted bridle and bits, which cause horrible head, jaw and mouth lesions. And lastly, look at the horses hooves. Poorly fitted shoes, poorly maintained hooves and who knows what condition the soles are in.... Overall, the condition of the horses used for any of horse tours is sad. This BTW is a long and ongoing sad topic that has been on Scubaboard and other forums before. There have been attempts to try to convince those in the power to do something about it and unfortunately not enough is corrected and what is done is for too short of a period of time. However, do what y'all want....just thought I would give a heads up.

Ruining someone's fun is not my intention. And frankly, had this been a Cozumel Scuba issue, I would not have made any comment. However, since this has to do with the horses, I just wanted to call attention to this issue. Once you get there, check it out and make your own decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom