Any Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanarcher:
I need to get that 7mm suit! I was freezing down there last night! Guess with 2 more mm I will need more weight too - seems like the money just keeps going into more diving! The good thing is that I have my wife believing that scuba is cheaper than golf!

That is funny indeed............

Hi Ana,

I know you try to avoid diving with me :wink: , but our club is having their annual BBQ on Sunday the 12th at La Jolla Shores. We're set to do a morning dive, then kick back and relax with good food and friends, then more dives in the afternoon (or whenever you want). I'll be there.....will you?

John-Boy

wrinkles:
I would...thats how come I am taking notes....I may end up there next school semester and if I do then I would definitely join so I can dive with you guys and have boat access occasionally to mix up the beach diving a bit.

Ana

Look at it this way Ana,

Say you join this year. cost ya 40$ and your first two tank boat trip is free. Sooooo, even if ya never went again for the whole year, you still got a two tank boat dive for $40.

No one says ya have to go to the meetings. Hell, I have been a member for two years and have been to 5 meetings.

Terry

divebuddysean:
I really think here in San Diego the winters almost as nice as the summers. Plus vis is better in the winter. I'm sure it'll be worth your while Ryan! Sean

Not counting the few 48 degree days I have had in the Canyon (Scripps) and on the Yukon, I have to agree with Sean. Bottom temp doesn't vary that much here from Summer to Winter. Surface temp does but near the bottom it stays in the mid 50's mostly. Now if we are talking the Cove or Marine Room dives, that is a whole nother animal as right now it is near 70 all the way down to 30ft. That will not last.

Terry

That is my question - I just would like to know that the boats are still going to be available during the winter months. I know that usually we could get Sean, Roy and myself to go if nothing else. I have my wife pretty much OK with it...so I think I am ready to join in too!

divebuddysean:
Terry, how many times have you been on the Panga in winter?

Sean

The Panga was not aquired by the club until May or June. I went out frequently , 1-2 a month in the winter on the zodiac. I acually prefer the zodiac for local LJ sites like Quast rock, the fish bowl and scripps canyon cause you can launch it at the shores and be there in 5 minutes.

Yes!! The boats run all winter long.

Terry

divinman:
Look at it this way Ana,

Say you join this year. cost ya 40$ and your first two tank boat trip is free. Sooooo, even if ya never went again for the whole year, you still got a two tank boat dive for $40.

No one says ya have to go to the meetings. Hell, I have been a member for two years and have been to 5 meetings.

Terry

Hmm...looks like I will need to check into this becuase I wouldnt plan on moving out there till August '05 and I am sure I will be out there diving before then.

Ana

wrinkles:
I wouldnt plan on moving out there till August '05 and I am sure I will be out there diving before then.
Ana

Exactly. See it just makes sense. When Sean, Roy or myself sign up for a boat, we can just log you in as well and then you will have to come down!!

:eyebrow:

Terry

Back
Top Bottom