Any views on Olympus XZ-2 (or go Sony)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Due to a DCI incident been away from diving for 12 months after medical procedure, sold off my camera equipment due to forced lay off.
Now time to consider my options for a replacement camera.
I am a happy snapper who takes pics & video on dives rather than dives to take pics. Don’t want to use external strobes – went that route once and it’s not for me .. so need a compact that will perform well UW, and on land
Last year .... several people were pointing me to the Olympus XZ-1 for my replacement camera -
I held off as I wanted full 1080 video. In any event
Is the Olympus XZ-2 held in as high esteem as the XZ-1 ? be keen to know how it is fairing for UW use.
I liked the Olympus housing on XZ-1 so assume XZ- housing will be as good.

I had also been told to look at Sony RX100, it certainly has impressive specs .,.. esp the 1” sensor, but 2 things concern me ... several reviews state that auto-focus is slow, and that would be a concern for UW use. The other is the cost of housing RecSea is twice the price of the camera, and Nauticam even more .... only option would be the Ikelite, but that is a pretty clunky unit in comparison.
Welcome views.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom