Any wide-angle lenses available for the PT-018?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwranger,

What did you end up with as far as a strobe? I also have a C750 and PT-018. I used it in Bonaire last January with some success (for my first time out) but would like to extend my color enhancement some more. I don't forsee taking pictures for more than my own enjoyment so I don't think I need a very fancy rig, just one that will work and cover a couple of feet further out. Any information you care to pass on is appreciated. Thanks, Steve M

I have not gotten a strobe yet, but the one I want is the Ionn D-180. I have done alot of reading and I think that is the one I will get once I have the money. Some one had one on one of my trips to Cozuel. And the pics looked great, better than mine with out the strobe and the internal flash. I will wait on a lense, strobe first. I just need to find a place that does not cost alot of $. Also to help with the color under water Calibrate your WB. That helps out alot.

I use an Epoque WAL on my PT-018 with sea&sea ys-90 and the digital infra red Olympus to Nikon TTL adaptor made by Matthias. I find the WAL helps a great deal with the results as it allows you to get much much closer to the subject and the camera seems to focus better than without the lens attached.

A nice strobe for the PT-018 would be the Sea and Sea YS90 DX. Although I do like the Inon 180, I think the Sea and Sea has an edge because it is something that can grow with you. not only can you use it with the fiber optic cord, you can also use it with a 5 pin Nikonos sync cord if you decide to upgrade to a different camera later on. I have put many people in the 90DX and it has performed flawlessly. I use them myself on both my digital and my film cameras.

I always recommend getting something you can grow with, this way you have options later on.

Mike

Thanks for the tip, Mrwrager. Do you use this lens yourself? If so, can it be attached and/or removed underwater with no ill effects?

I'm with Photopro on his recommendation. I just purchased the YS-90A and I'm very pleased with it. Although I have no use for the synch cord at this time, that can always change in the future. I've taken some nice shots with it already.

mwrager:
I just need to find a place that does not cost alot of $.

Have you looked at Yuzos site? I purchased my strobe, tray/arm and WAL from him and the prices were very reasonable. As far as shipping goes each order was here within 4 days.

You might want to send him an email asking what lens would be good for your housing, he's very helpful!

Thanks for the tip, Mrwrager. Do you use this lens yourself? If so, can it be attached and/or removed underwater with no ill effects?

No I dont use a lense on my PT-018

Underwater external lenses can easily be change UW with no ill effects, but I would recommend a lens dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom