Any word on the condition of Caribe Blu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was wondering how they and Blue Angel fared after reading the post about Hotel Barracuda which was pretty close.

Just a swag, but I'm thinking that since the Baracuda and the Navy base were wiped, I'm guessing any hotel that was right on the water without a serious bleeping seawall is probably in a world of hurt. I wonder how the old PLG did? I just got renovated as an all inclusive.

I read somewhere the motel structure is still there- whatever that may mean- but the pool was now part of the ocean. I e-mailed Jeanie B.(hotel manager) but have not heard from her. Hopefully all employees are OK.

Jean

Ah yes thanks, I just read that in another thread as well. I also read that 2 of Blu Angels boats were sunk on the Christi update thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Blu XT and all those so drastically affected by Wilma. I will definitely go back when things return to some state of functioning operation.

I e-mailed Jeanie too, going there over x-mas. I felt bad sending the e-mail though, since I'm sure that she must be getting hundreds of these, and she probably has other things to worry about..

We are scheduled to stay at Caribe Blu and dive with Blue Angel November 20-27. We will not cancel unless we hear something. If they cannot take us now, I plan to leave deposit with them and maybe send a little extra. Having just survived Rita in Beaumont, I can certainly feel for all those recovering. Three weeks with no power, and still no internet at home or phone service. The loss of "normal" life is hard, no matter how well your material possesions survive the storm. Keep all victims in your prayers. Gary Hay

Back
Top Bottom