Anybody been to St. Johns and Fury Shoals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On the 7th of July I am leaving for a week LOB (m/Y Obessesion) to St. Johns and Fury Shoals. Does anybody have some experience with either the boat or the dive sites?
Last year we went to brothers and elphinstone which was genuinly superb. What I have read from the different threads here I feel that St. John is not as "exiting"?! Am I right?
Looking forward to your diving stories....

What's exciting.... hmmmm -> Of course I have to admit that the hammerheads did make my adrenaline pumping. Also the struggle against the current and the depth were defnitely a challenge. Therefor i also wonder what I can expect at St. Johns and Fury.
Thanks anyway for your trip report, it defnitely sound good.

We saw sharks, mantas, lots of dolphins, Napoleon fishes. Waterwise nothing that something with a few dozen dives can't handle. Thrill-wise, probably less exciting than the Brothers.

Rirarianneke:
Does anybody have some experience with either the boat or the dive sites?
Last year we went to brothers and elphinstone which was genuinly superb. What I have read from the different threads here I feel that St. John is not as "exiting"?! Am I right?
Looking forward to your diving stories....

I guess it depends on the type of diving you enjoy most. Personally, I love that particular route. Given a choice of Brothers or St John's I'd probably go for St John's as it's "prettier" (in a vibrant coral reef way). Playground, Umma Kuf and Amphitheatre are truly memorable dives although certainly not challenging.

I would guess you'll spend a day at Elphinstone anyway if sailing from Port Ghalib.

Hope you have a good time ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom