Anybody been to the Jetties @St. Andrews yet this month?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the depths in the inlet as deep as is being mentioned ? I noticed you guys have smaller tides
up that way, two feet or so ? And with mostly one high tide per day I did not want to assume the
current flow would be any less than a two high tide per day three foot tide current. It sounds as if the tide
turns around quicker than I would have thought but I am used to that. I may head up that way in May and
hope the temps are at least 70 something ? I'll check the tide charts and days and post back if I get up that
way. Thanks for any extra info that may be provided with the length of slack tide and also strength of currents
on an average day.

P.S. Any suggestions on a charter for the Oriskany ?

I dove the jetties on 4/7 and the vis was about 10-15 at best. The water temp. was 64 at 50 ft.

Last edited:
64 degrees still way cold for me. I may put off the trip a month or so. Was planning on second week in May. Off the
coast in southeast florida we have been running about 73 degrees pretty consistently. I found the sticky on the area
charters for the Oriskany and will look that over a bit. The gulf on the other side further south warms up pretty quick as
the daily temperatures rise. I'll watch the water temps and try to get up that way soon.

For the dive on the Oriskany, check Captain Andy and the Niuhi out of Pensacola. We dove with them in November and had a fun, safe trip. Would def dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom