Anybody done video with LX5? Need settings advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulyjura

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Lumix LX5 and I'm trying to make some good looking videos with it, but I'm having some trouble finding the best settings.

It's wonderful for stills - I just shoot in RAW mode and make adjustments in Lightroom, but video mode frustrates me. I've previously shot video with the Panasonic TZ line of cameras, which all include an underwater scene mode, and that actually comes out looking really nice in comparison to anything I've done with the LX5.

So far I've tried using a custom white balance, I've tried sunset scene mode (supposed to bring out the reds more, not so great), creative colour mode, but nothing seems to reproduce the vivid colours I get from underwater scene mode with the TZ models.

The best results I get is with a custom white balance setting, and then I still need some colour correction in post-processing to get something similar to the default video from a TZ camera.

Has anybody had good results making video with the LX5? Any advice on the best settings to closely resemble underwater mode?

Hi Paulyjura,
i'm using a Panasonic Lx5 + Naticam housing by 2010 and I find it a good camera even for video.
Here Canale di scipionems - YouTube you can see some videos made with this set in different scuba holidays.
Usually I use it in Aperture priority for video (i set the aperture value, the camera automatically set the speedness), Iso 80-100, custom WB.
The camera obviously have some problem of focusing in the blue under 45-50 meters, but i think this is normal, because at that depth the light is not ideal for video.
Scipionems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom