Anybody Surf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codolod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
To straighten things up, I don't haha. I've tried to a couple of times but I just haven't had the time, money and surf all at the same time.
Hopefully I'll get more chance in my second year at uni, since I'm there for the months when the surf is generally at it's best :D (Go to uni in Scarborough).

I was wondering if anybody knew if this wetsuit would be suitable for surfing. It is a 5mm diving wetsuit but if I can get one that I can use for both diving and surfing then I'm willing to pay a little bit more for a nice one that I can use for both.

Also, if anybody knows about the quality of this brand too that'd be great ta :D

SUBGEAR

Just before anybody says this - I'm well aware that the quality and comfort of a wetsuit is top priority, but hey if I'm gonna get all that and look awesome too then why not :)

I've never worn a 5 mm suit surfing. But I would try it on and get it a little more loose in the shoulders than I would for a strictly diving wetsuit.
Paddling is tiring enough, especially if you're not doing it a few times a week to stay in shape. The extra resistance of a tight fitting wetsuit will really wear you down. And be prepared for some reasonable rash. I hated wearing wetsuits of any type when surfing. Lucky I lived and surfed Hawaii.

You will typically want a thinner more flexible wetsuit for surfing than for diving. At 3mm your water must be warm...really warm.

What is your water temp?

idk the actual temperature but I surfed in a 5mm both times before. I know surfing wetsuits are different though.

Put it this way, it was november and december in North England haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom