Anybody up for a Lanier or Jocassee Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody up for a Lanier dive in the next couple of days? I am free basically any day up to Monday. I also wouldn't mind heading up to Jocassee if anybody is interested.

Matt

hey Matt, how you been doing since Lanier. I may be able to get away to dive this weekend. I would rather go to Jocassee, but I don't know of I can free up that much time. I'll let you know something later this week. BTW, you haven't been peeing any ladies off lately have you--that was funny.

Move the lakes closer and I'll go, I'm not asking for much!

ccooper:
hey Matt, how you been doing since Lanier. I may be able to get away to dive this weekend. I would rather go to Jocassee, but I don't know of I can free up that much time. I'll let you know something later this week. BTW, you haven't been peeing any ladies off lately have you--that was funny.
LOL, Probably, I have been trying to be on good behavior. Let me know what you have going on and maybe we could figure something out. Kyle was talking about possibly being able to get a dive in on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if you are available for a dive.

Mat: You aren't missing anything.. :) You have much better diving down where you are at. I wouldn't even think about the lakes if i was in your situation.

Matt

Well, I'm not losing any sleep over it, thats for sure :D Figured I'd chime in on the thread anywho!

Sunday, I'll be diving some of Destin's clear waters before heading to Morrison, which I believe will be tannic on top with clear waters beneath and a spotless cavern. I'll be busy :D Darn, no time for lakes!

I was at Jocassee this past Sunday in the downpour but diving must go on! There were 2 groups of students there and about 6 other divers out. What a change since I was up there in March...much more divers out.

The conditions were about the same as Jocassee is always. 20 feet vis. Surf. Temp low 80's. Thermocline at about 35 feet and temp went into low 70's. The temp was 72 past the skeleton but I only went down to about 60 feet. It didn't seem that cold down in Jocassee last week.

I will have to dive VERY local so that means Lake Juliette this Sunday.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I will have to dive VERY local so that means Lake Juliette this Sunday.
Depending on how things work out this weekend I may come down and join you if that's cool. I will have a better idea of plans tomorrow evening.

Sounds like fun Bugman. I am looking forward to getting back down to the springs and gulf soon. I am waiting for most of the tourists to leave first though.. :)

Matt

Matt, do you want to go check out lake juliette this sunday?

Corigan:
Anybody up for a Lanier dive in the next couple of days? I am free basically any day up to Monday. I also wouldn't mind heading up to Jocassee if anybody is interested.

Matt

Hey,Matt -- Hope it's OK just to jump in anywhere - I'm new to this whole thing. I've been reading about your interest in Jocassee. I'm learning to dive at Jocassee now. It was a beautiful valley before it was flooded. If you're interested in what's in the lake, I'd love to fill you in - other than the stuff everyone knows about, such as the junk, the cemetery, etc. I love to talk about Jocassee.

Hope you have a great dive this weekend. Debbie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom