Anyone be in Curacao Aug 15-22 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are going to Curacao (for the first time) for the week of Aug 15-22 and would love to hook up with anyone from SB that will be there. We'll be staying at Habitat and have pretty much paid for a plan that gives three-two tank boat dives and 6 days unlimited shore diving. We're old (50s), but fun !

Hi mintaka,

This is Andreas of Ocean Encounters West on Curacao. I wish you a lot of fun while on Curacao!

If you rent a car, feel invited to visit us at Playa Kalki in Westpoint one day. We have an agreement with Easy Divers at Habitat for shore diving: If you are on an unlimited shore diving package with them, just ask them to give us a call, then you don't have to bring tanks but can use ours for diving our house reef Alice in Wonderland. You might also decide to join one of our 1-tank-trips in the afternoon to Watamula, which is only a 5 minute boat ride away from our dive shop, after diving Alice in Wonderland in the morning. Watamula for sure is one of the very best dive sites on Curacao, as you may have read in many posts on this board.

If you visit us on a weekend (Friday till Sunday), you can also visit SB members Sunshine and David at Sol Food restaurant after your dives and try some of their famous pizzas :)

Maybe see you soon; whatever you do, have fun and never let anyone catch your bubbles!

><(((O>

Andreas
..:: All West Curacao ::..
..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..

Thanks Andreas-- We will be sure to do what you suggested !

Curacao is a cool place. Aug. 20 marks our 4 yr. anniversary and we honeymooned in Curacao. I would highly recommend stopping in a locals restaurant and having some stewed goat, and renting a car for a day to see the island. Have fun

If you're planning on shore diving the more eastern dive sites in and around the Willemstad area, like Directors Bay, Tugboat, Superior, Vaersenbaai and so on, do swing by and we'll give you some tips about how to get the most out of each dive site.

We have Car Pile and Pierbaai Reef as our house reef which are 2 sites WELL worth diving - and if you're lucky, we'll be able to give you directions to our current resident frog fish (as long as he keeps still!).

Shore dive sites info on our website here to help with your planning:
The Dive Bus - Shore Diving Sites

Have a wonderful trip!

All best,
Suzy

The Dive Bus - HOME

Back
Top Bottom