Anyone been in Mozambique ( Bazaruto ) ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have some pain to figure if it's a great diving destination. It seems to be an extremely nice place, but very far and very expensive so if someone could help....

Thank you

Mozambique is a paradise for diving, luckily for us here in SA it is relatively easy to get too and not to expensive.

Where are you based currently? I think your biggest expense would be getting to South Africa and then on to Mozambique, otherwise with the favourable exchange rates for foreigners you should find things very very cheap

Best wishes!

scubaculture:
Mozambique is a paradise for diving, luckily for us here in SA it is relatively easy to get too and not to expensive.

Where are you based currently? I think your biggest expense would be getting to South Africa and then on to Mozambique, otherwise with the favourable exchange rates for foreigners you should find things very very cheap

Best wishes!

I' m in France. Not even in Paris.. SO, its one more flight. Any precise infos on Bazaruto?

You will most likely have to fly to South Africa to begin with, as I doubt there will be flights between Paris and Maputo. (there may well be, but I struggle with the French and Portugese websites!!! lol)

Johannesburg - Maputo return will be in the region of 220 Euro.

Once you have decided with which operator you will be diving, the best bet would be to enquire as to the best way from Maputo to wherever the operator is based. Some offer vehicle transfers from Maputo, others may recommend a domestic flight and a transfer from the closest airport. You must bear in mind, the vehicle route can be tedious as the roads are "challenging."

Shout if I can help.

Effectivly it seems that it's a lot easier to go through JObo. What kind of diving should i expect? what kind of viibility? Better moment to go? wich dive op? what accomodation? FrOm mainland ( it seems cheaper ) or From the archipelago?
Lot of questios is n it?

Thank you in advance.

Philippe

hallboy:
Effectivly it seems that it's a lot easier to go through JObo. What kind of diving should i expect? what kind of viibility? Better moment to go? wich dive op? what accomodation? FrOm mainland ( it seems cheaper ) or From the archipelago?
Lot of questios is n it?

Thank you in advance.

Philippe

Hi Philippe
I have just submitted a trip report to Scubaboard regarding a trip I had to Ponta Malongane, - south Mozambique. I wanted to post it here but there is a limit on the posts size.
Hopefully they will publish it. It was the best holiday I have ever had.

I’ll linked it here if it gets posted.

Harry

I went on a diving holiday to Bazaruto Island 2 months ago. We stayed at the Pestana Bazaruto Lodge and got married on the beach. The lodge is on the island which is 5 minutes flight from Vilanculos, main land. We went on a package deal which included all flights from Johannesburg, accomodation and all meals. The lodge was absolutely amazing, very relaxed and we were treated like royalty. Food is lots and lots of seafood buffets.

Diving was cheap ($30 a dive) and absolutely stunning. The best diving conditions are from April to August and we had warm water temp of 26 degrees C in May which is winter then. The diving is mostly shallow reef drift dives between 5m and 20m. The reefs are in very good state here and we saw lots of tropical fish, turtles, reef sharks, 1 whale shark, moray eels, etc.etc.

Contact Mercia at Mozambique Tours, she was absolutely amazing in organising our holiday there and can also help you for cheaper Mozambique destinations.
MERCIA JACOBS
Mozambique Tours
Tel: 0861 112 552 (SA)
OR:- +27 31 303 2190 (International)
Fax: +27 31 3032396
EMAIL mit@iafrica.com WEBSITE www.mozambiquetravel.co.za
"Mozambique offers the ultimate Diving and Fishing Paradise"

Hi

Somewhere else worth a visit is Inhambane - I went there in Nov last year . The diving is great , plenty of Whale Sharks and Mantas plus the rest .

We stayed at Cassa Barry - www.cassabarry.com - good rates on a dinner bed and breakfast package .

We dived with Tofo Scuba - www.tofoscuba.com - also good rates .

If you need more info just ask !!

Safe Diving

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom