Anyone been to Namale? (Savusavu, Fiji)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lpshanet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wanted to see if anyone had stayed at and/or dived with Namale resort in Savusavu area? Their on-site operation is listed as a PADI 5-star now, and they seem to be trying to offer a strong dive program, but I haven't heard anyone discuss them at all. Any info is appreciated!

Koro Sun and Cousteau seem to have the reputation for being the active dive centers in Savusavu. I dove with Cousteau in October (will post a trip report in the next few days).
Namale is said to cater to honeymooners, celebrities and attendees of Tony Robbins' courses. I didn't look into their dive ops, but I hear the resort is beautiful.

Just wanted to see if anyone had stayed at and/or dived with Namale resort in Savusavu area? Their on-site operation is listed as a PADI 5-star now, and they seem to be trying to offer a strong dive program, but I haven't heard anyone discuss them at all. Any info is appreciated!

Bula and Greetings from Fiji.
I work for Namale Resort and Spa.
If you need more information, please feel free to contact me on hudson@namaleresort.com - my name is Hudson Mitchell.

Thanks and Regards
Hudson

Namale is a beautiful resort, and is making some serious changes to their business model. They no longer give preference to Tony’s seminars (they have developed an adjacent property to handle that), but it is still a very popular destination for honeymoon couples, etc. The dive operation is also undergoing a change for the better, and they are now a PADI 5-Star resort. They can cater to a full spectrum of diver abilities and generally frequent dive sites within 20 minutes or so boat rides. However, one of the big things that sets them apart is that they also offer trips to both Namena (a superb marine reserve) and the Somosomo Strait (dives like The Great White Wall, etc). Only Koro Sun also offers both Namena and Somosomo, while Cousteau does go to Namena. Namale’s proximity to Savusavu Town is also an advantage over both Cousteau and Koro Sun, if visiting town is on your ‘to do’ list. Bottom line – Namale is making some great changes to their dive operation, and they do take outside divers (although staying at the resort is an experience not to me missed!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom