Anyone Dive Deep Blue in late 2009 or 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like I might be diving with Deep Blue in Galapagos in June 2010. I have searched and read the reviews by people who dove with Deep Blue a few years ago. I was looking for some more recent Deep Blue experiences. How is the boat in 2010? Still well maintained? How is the crew these days? Just looking for any insight in planning my trip later this year.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Hey Glen, good to see you on this board for a change! One of these days we are going to finally get those Destin Jetty dives in...

I dove with Deep Blue back in September 2007 and could not have had a better experience with the boat or crew. Hard to imagine much has changed in just a few years, especially since owner/captain/DM's are so intertwined.

Have you received a cursory itinerary from them yet? Our 4 days at Darwin and Wolf Island were the absolute highlight of my diving career and hope to make it back up to the Northern Islands someday soon and obviously with Deep Blue.

I have not been able to dive the jetties much lately....Gulf conditions around here have really been bad lately. Maybe if you come down you will bring us some better luck and conditions. :D

Really glad to hear you had a good experience with Deep Blue. Our group of divers have reserved the whole boat, so that should make it fun. Here is our itinerary:

Monday: San Cristobal – PM: Isla Lobos Check-out dive
PM: (Land visit to Interpretation Center)
Tuesday: AM: North Seymour (2 dives)
PM: North Seymour (Land Visit)
Wednesday: AM: Wolf (2 dives)
PM: Wolf (2 dives)
Thursday: AM: Darwin (2 dives)
PM: Darwin (2 dives)
Friday: AM: Darwin (2 dives)
PM: Darwin (2 dives)
Saturday: AM: Cabo Marshall (2 dives)
PM: Cabo Marshall 2dives)
Sunday: AM: Rocas Cousin (2 dives)
PM: Sullivan Bay (Land Visit)
PM: Bartolome (Snorkel with Penguins)
Monday: AM: Galapaguera Cerro Colorado (Land visit to see Galapagos)
Then to airport

This will be my first liveaboard or Galapagos trip, so any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Glen, good to see you on this board for a change! One of these days we are going to finally get those Destin Jetty dives in...

I dove with Deep Blue back in September 2007 and could not have had a better experience with the boat or crew. Hard to imagine much has changed in just a few years, especially since owner/captain/DM's are so intertwined.

Have you received a cursory itinerary from them yet? Our 4 days at Darwin and Wolf Island were the absolute highlight of my diving career and hope to make it back up to the Northern Islands someday soon and obviously with Deep Blue.

Dove on the Deep Blue in June 2008, absolutely positively truly amazing!

Bring motion sickness medication, cheap gloves and your save-a-dive-kit. I lost my mask on the ride back to the boat. My backup mask sucked, but luckily I could borrow someone else's :)

If you ever see an Oceanic Shadow mask on shark or a dolphin, please PM me. Cheers!

Hi Glen - you will love Deep Blue - we get rave reviews from clients on her all the time and several repeat clients. I've been on her to check her out and will be on her for a September trip. Love to hear how your trip goes and if any folks reading are still thinking of a June trip, we still have spaces on two charters aboard Deep Blue in June this year. She offers best rates in Galapagos and great itinerary. Anyone interested please drop me a note at Dom@DiveAdvice.com Glen - Have fun with the big boys at Darwin.

I am looking forward to the trip....I will give a complete review when I return. Hopefully I will also have some nice pictures to post.

Hi Glen - you will love Deep Blue - we get rave reviews from clients on her all the time and several repeat clients. I've been on her to check her out and will be on her for a September trip. Love to hear how your trip goes and if any folks reading are still thinking of a June trip, we still have spaces on two charters aboard Deep Blue in June this year. She offers best rates in Galapagos and great itinerary. Anyone interested please drop me a note at Dom@DiveAdvice.com Glen - Have fun with the big boys at Darwin.

Back
Top Bottom