Anyone dive with Windstar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were looking at the itins being marketed as a divers cruise, complete with dive program - 7 days from Coz to Utila, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. Reservations can tell me that the diving prices are less if you bring your own gear, but has no info on the actual price. The published price includes complete gear which is cleaned for you and stored onboard and set up each day. If you bring your own you schlep to/from your cabin, clean and store in cabin as well. No balcony cabins on this ship.

Nobody at Windstar seems to know what they've got onboard the Windsurf for gear. They've said that emailing the ship is the only way to find out. I've done that 3 times in 2 weeks with no reply.

If anyone's been on the Windsurf or any Windstar ship and knows what dive gear they have onboar, could you please let me know? I'm not crazy about renting, but having to schlep store my own when everyone is diving "valet" will take away from the point of doing this trip.

scubawife:
We were looking at the itins being marketed as a divers cruise, complete with dive program - 7 days from Coz to Utila, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. Reservations can tell me that the diving prices are less if you bring your own gear, but has no info on the actual price. The published price includes complete gear which is cleaned for you and stored onboard and set up each day. If you bring your own you schlep to/from your cabin, clean and store in cabin as well. No balcony cabins on this ship.

Nobody at Windstar seems to know what they've got onboard the Windsurf for gear. They've said that emailing the ship is the only way to find out. I've done that 3 times in 2 weeks with no reply.

If anyone's been on the Windsurf or any Windstar ship and knows what dive gear they have onboar, could you please let me know? I'm not crazy about renting, but having to schlep store my own when everyone is diving "valet" will take away from the point of doing this trip.

They use Sherwood BCs and Regs and Genesis BCs too.

Thanks Natasha. I've been trying for almost 2 weeks to find that info and nobody at Windstar had it. Have you dived with them?

Welcome.:)

No, I haven't dove with them. But, as you may know I Co. own www.coasttocoasttravel.vacation.com
My partner sells a lot of Windstar. She called her rep and he emailed the ship, and got a response right away. Hence your answer. :)

Have fun! I have heard great things about them.

Cool, thanks again. I used to do Marketing at Vcom (came from one of the groups that became Vcom). I was previously with CLIA and I'm back there now.

I've tried Sherwood gear once and wasn't a big fan. Guess I'll have to decide if I want to schlep our Zeagles and of course the suits, regs, etc., and store it all in cabin. As I'm sure you can understand, the dilema is that I can't request a suite (which has 2 bathrooms so no prob for the gear).

I was previously with CLIA and I'm back there now.

Yes, I knew you were in the business in some way. Can you waive my $25.00 fee as I have to renew my CLIA card this year? Ha!

I've tried Sherwood gear once and wasn't a big fan. Guess I'll have to decide if I want to schlep our Zeagles and of course the suits, regs, etc., and store it all in cabin. As I'm sure you can understand, the dilema is that I can't request a suite (which has 2 bathrooms so no prob for the gear.)

I do understand your dilema on the suite. As far as the gear goes, I would be afraid that they wouldn't have enough for all the divers, and if you don't have your own gear, there could be a change you won't be able to dive. Is that a possibility?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom