Anyone dived Komodo with Ambai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divv

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking for user experiences on this boat; trying to decide between it and Mermaid I/II for a Komodo trip June or July.
Any input appreciated; via PM if you don't want it public.
Or other suggestions on the more "budget" end of the pricing extremes... Cannot depart before June 16 and must return before July 23/4.
Thanks
Di

Last edited:
I have been on the mermaid 1 and 2 to komodo. Excellent boats and crews. I have done 6 trips with them and will be doing my 7th this fall. Mermaid 1 is an extra 2 days which is spent in the komodo park. Trips depart from bali and return to bali. They pick up at your hotel so no extra expense with flying within indonesia or finding the boat at the dock. Guides are excellent. Both boats very well laid out for liveaboard diving. Office staff is very well organized and easy to deal with. A very professional company.

Thanks weeksd.. 6 going on 7 is a serious vote of confidence for an operator!! Great feedback for the Mermaid..
Di

I will be diving on the Mermaid II June 15th...this will be my third LOB trip and my second with Mermaid. I did the Thailand to Burma trip a few years ago...wonderful experience.

Wish I could be there too... my dates have been changed and other drama here so all sorts of changes.... :-( Still thanks for the feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom