Anyone Diving Laguna This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What day? Sat or Sunday? I might be able to do one or two 7 am on Sun

Sunday at 7:00a.m. is good for me. Would you like to dive Shaw's or Crescent?

Steve

I hope you read this before it's too late. I'll be there sunday morning at 7 am, I'll be looking for you at crescent, though I wouldn't mind diving somewhere else.

John from Sport Chalet

Steve,

Did you find John at Crescent?

Hope you guys are having some great dives today. I slept in and will be drywalling my second bedroom instead of diving today.

By the way, how is your ankle feeling on your beach dives?

Christian

Yes, John and I met at the top of the ramp at Crescent. We suited up, assembled the gear, and then John realized that he didn't have fins with him and I didn't have a spare pair with me. So, John headed home and I headed over to LSS to see if any groups were headed out, but no luck. I headed back to Crescent and walked down to the beach to see if any familiar faces were around, but instead found a nice couple who were not familiar with Crescent, so I buddied up with them. Red tide was gone, but it was a bit surgy and some particulate matter was stirred up. We saw the usual, but we had a very curious sea lion that stayed with us for several minutes. She did some loops, and a few close looks, but in general just tagged along like a buddy for a while.

The ankle felt good today. It still hurts a bit on an awkward step, but that's going away. I think the bone bruises on the ankle and elbow are almost gone also. Hopefully your hand has healed as well? Sounds like you guys on the boat had some nice conditions yesterday.

Take care and good diving,
Steve

stoddu:
Yes, John and I met at the top of the ramp at Crescent. We suited up, assembled the gear, and then John realized that he didn't have fins with him and I didn't have a spare pair with me. So, John headed home and I headed over to LSS to see if any groups were headed out, but no luck. I headed back to Crescent and walked down to the beach to see if any familiar faces were around, but instead found a nice couple who were not familiar with Crescent, so I buddied up with them. Red tide was gone, but it was a bit surgy and some particulate matter was stirred up. We saw the usual, but we had a very curious sea lion that stayed with us for several minutes. She did some loops, and a few close looks, but in general just tagged along like a buddy for a while.

The ankle felt good today. It still hurts a bit on an awkward step, but that's going away. I think the bone bruises on the ankle and elbow are almost gone also. Hopefully your hand has healed as well? Sounds like you guys on the boat had some nice conditions yesterday.

Take care and good diving,
Steve
Good to hear that your ankle is better and that you found someone to dive with even thought your buddy forgot his fins.

My hand is considerably better, but still hurts a bit. I'm sure I didn't do it any good over the last two days doing construction on the house. I think swinging a hammer was particularly harsh on the finger, but I needed to get the room finished to have an inspection tomorrow.

I hope that you were able to show the people who were unfamiliar with Crescent a good time.

We had a great time on the boat to Catalina. It was such a beautiful day that it would have been worth going out even if the conditions had not been as spectacular as they were.

I'm looking forward to La Jolla next weekend.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom