Anyone diving Monterey 1/5-1/6/09?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blewgrass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of diving on 1/5 & 1/6 at any of the Monterey Locations that have easy beach access like Lovers or Breakwater, etc. Weather permitting, of course. Are there lots of weekday "dive bums" or connections that can be made at the Monterey dive shops? This will be my last week before returning to class/work/life.

Thanks

Steve

I still have nothing to do for another week, dont go back to school for a bit yet. I can probably meet up for a couple dives at least one of those days. Let me know!

-Devin

Thanks Devin,

Great dive. Can't wait for the next one.

Steve

For what it's worth, yesterday (1/5) I took two open water students out for OW3 at S. Monastery and then OW4 at N. Monastery. It was absolutely spectacular! We had well over 60' of visibility at N. Monastery and never went deeper than 60'. These guys were very good on air, so I got them all the way out to the point so they could peer down into the abyss. This was even a new experience for me, because I've never spent time on the point at 60'. It really was a dazzling place to be, and now I want to spend some more time up there. Today, looking at the history graph for swell height on the buoy report, I can see I got lucky with my timing and put them in the water at exactly the right moment to learn Monastery.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom