Anyone else dying to get in the water......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickelpickel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
:depressed: My boats ready to go, and I can't take much more of this crappy weather..... You only need a few feet of vis to do a tooth dive..... I don't care if the water temp is 60, that's what wet suits are for. My scales are completely dry and flaking off already.... I've been so anxious to dive I've been in my pool twice in 3 weeks for an hour..... I'm watching the weather.... praying to the weather gods..... what else can I do... Well if any one else out there feels like me lets hear ya!!!!! :idk:I know I'm not alone out there....

I have been to Venice 4 times over the winter to dive. Water Temp is no big deal. Mud puddles are starting to look good. May 8th is next trip down. Im hoping the water has calmed down by then.

Oh yea, Should be calmer by then.... and I say "should" because I've never seen weather like this down here before.... I checked my fishing and diving records from the last 3 years and our water temp was about 20 degrees warmer by now..... instead of upper 50's we should be in the mid to upper 70's by end of March..... :shakehead: ..... With water warming slower than air, it's hard to say if we will be out of our wetsuits by May.... :confused: .... I would be shocked :shocked2: to see the water temp go from 60 to 80 in a month and a half..... and with cooler water temps and calmer weather in May, viz may be at it's best.... This is just pure speculation though... Algie doesn't grow as well in the gulf with cooler water temps sooo.... :eyebrow: ..... We have to wait and see....and wait and see some more..... :popcorn: ...... Ohhh Well ... "Is What it is"

I'd like to be able to get in some water other than my tub. But it is nice being able to control the water temp. But really this crap has got to end soon. It's time to get in the water.

Offically it is not winter anymore. This cold weather is hereby invited to GO AWAY!!!!
(59° this morning...this is January temps!!!!)

With our nighttime lows still in the mid to upper 50's I don't see the water warming anny this week... :shakehead: BUUUTTTTTTTTTT!!!! Our surface conditions look to be improving till Monday..... :eyebrow: so maybe we'll have some vis out there by the end of the week..... :scubadive: so my fingers are crossed

:depressed: My boats ready to go, and I can't take much more of this crappy weather..... You only need a few feet of vis to do a tooth dive..... I don't care if the water temp is 60, that's what wet suits are for. My scales are completely dry and flaking off already.... I've been so anxious to dive I've been in my pool twice in 3 weeks for an hour..... I'm watching the weather.... praying to the weather gods..... what else can I do... Well if any one else out there feels like me lets hear ya!!!!! :idk:I know I'm not alone out there....

My boat is so lonely I'm thinking of renting her a.....well I guess you could call it....a companion.

The only good thing is that if you can get out there first there could be some "good stuff".

Good luck to those who can get there because it ain't looking good for me.

I'm thinking in a few more weeks I will be able to hit the gulf. I cant wait until the doctor clears me to dive. All I have to say is look out! :D I have a new dive buddy so any one that would like to hook up with me and Chase drop me a pm.

I'm thinking in a few more weeks I will be able to hit the gulf. I cant wait until the doctor clears me to dive. All I have to say is look out! :D I have a new dive buddy so any one that would like to hook up with me and Chase drop me a pm.

Any weekend when you are able let me know!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom