Anyone else on the Sunwing flight back to YYZ April 15 & 16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read the above posted link and IMO it’s borderline criminal. People were fainting and throwing up and they still wouldn’t let them off the plane? I’ve heard Sunwing horror stories before but they keep getting worse.

We flew Sunwing to Bonaire this year and were lucky enough that it all worked well except for a modest weather delay getting down due to seasonal nasty snowy weather leaving Toronto. The convenience of the direct flight compared to either transiting the USA or taking Insel from Curaçao was very pleasant. We also have had good experience on Sunwing to Mexico twice in the last couple of years. I hope they continue the service to Bonaire and we look forward to using them again.

But, as much as we all understand that our Canadian winter can disrupt flight schedules and we must take delays with understanding and patience, it does look like Sunwing has really let down their customers. They also must recognize that the Canadian winter can skewer their operation and be prepared to do what is needed to accommodate. There have been enough complaints that an investigation has been initiated:

Canadian Transportation Agency launches inquiry into Sunwing delays - Skies Mag

I hope those affected will have appropriate redress.

Andy

Just a follow up.... finally our 3rd of 3 suitcases is scheduled to arrive before 2130 this evening!
Thinking this ordeal will finally be done.

My bag showed up late last night.

Sunwing offered us $200 back the day after it was announced they are going to be investigated by the CTA.

My bag showed up late last night.

Sunwing offered us $200 back the day after it was announced they are going to be investigated by the CTA.
Personally, I would not take a dime from them right now if it came with any form of a commitment by you to release them from any further liability. At this point, I would say do not limit your future options.

Back
Top Bottom