Anyone ever heard of the Adelaar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewdawg1977

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings!

i am considering a trip to Indonesia on a boat called the Adelaar. Has anyone ever heard of it or better yet been on it? I can't find many reviews and I have a few questions.

Cheers!

Drew 😄

I was on it but quite some time ago..probably 10 years. Hopefully you'll find someone who can give you a far more recent report, but feel free to pm me if you like

Greetings!

i am considering a trip to Indonesia on a boat called the Adelaar. Has anyone ever heard of it or better yet been on it? I can't find many reviews and I have a few questions.

Cheers!

Drew 😄

Hi I'm also looking at this boat. Did you find anything out about it?

cheers

Smudger

Hi Drew and Smudger,

I have been on the
Adelaar and sell her quite often, she is a seasoned liveaboard here in Indonesia and does the route Bali - Komodo - Bali throughout the year, she is well maintained and has a highly professional staff and owners that care. the last client I had on her rated the boat, cabin and crew 5 out of 5, let me know if you want any more information.

Cheers

Jon S-J

Greetings!

Cheers!

Drew 😄

Drew,
Did you book the Adelaar? I am looking for a Komodo trip and was interested in the Adelaar Bali-Komodo-Bali trip. I love that we wouldn't have to book a separate flight to get to Komodo.
Thanks,
Carol

So I realize this review will come in too late for you guys, but perhaps it can help out others who are looking to book the Adelaar.
I went on a trip last year (2015) and they did a great job refurbishing the cabins, this was definitely a job well done. Then I would also have to give a big hats off to the crew in particular Agung who was always gracious and kind. The diving in Komodo was also very good, lots of big fish and stunning corals.
What we liked less however was the cruise director (Foued) who was very arrogant and tried hard to seem like he wanted us to have a good time but it just came off as fake and annoying. He did not seem genuine at all. Also he would swim like crazy ahead of us it was tough to keep up and we often had to swim into the current. Furthermore the schedule was never clear, we always had to ask him at what time we were diving.
We chose this boat because it fell in our price range, but if you can afford a little more splurge for a bigger ship especially because when we did the cruising Bali to Komodo the seas were rough and we had to stay locked up inside for the first entire day and night, we could not go out for fresh air as the waves were splashing over. This was very uncomfortable and we felt sick because of it. We did no diving either that day. The vessel itself from the outside is not a stunning ship, not like the average liveaboard you would find in Indonesia. It is also not a boat geared towards serious divers, more for beginners and those wanting a mix of land and sea, the schedule is very relaxed and you pretty much decide when you want to dive. The tender boats were very strange, and going down from the ladder all geared up was very hazardous, we slipped twice but luckily didn't fall over.
The food was average, although the soups were gorgeous, a different one every evening, we enjoyed these very much. The meals are sit down meals and they are very mid-weeker type, lacking in presentation and creativity. But we were fine with it.
I guess it depends what you've seen and travelled on, if you have nothing to compare it to perhaps everything seems fine, but if you have done other liveaboards you'll see why they fall in an inferior category.
Overall I would not particularly recommend her, I think there are so many other better liveaboards for Komodo.

Reactions: Doc
Thanks for the review.

We ended up booking the Komodo/Indo Dancer. If anyone would like to join us we need 3 more divers to get a group discount. We are going in March 2017.

We have searched our database and copies of all guests passports and are unable to find data matching the profile of the person logging on a globetrotterdiver

globetrotterdiver claims to be from Seattle, with a DOB of 23 March, 1965. No one from Seattle, or with a DOB of 23MAR65 has been on Adelaar since Foued has been our cruise director. Although working in the Komodo dive industry for quite some time, Foued has only been with Adelaar for a few months, since that time he has received only glowing reports.

Curiouser and curiouser

We have searched our database and copies of all guests passports and are unable to find data matching the profile of the person logging on a globetrotterdiver

globetrotterdiver claims to be from Seattle, with a DOB of 23 March, 1965. No one from Seattle, or with a DOB of 23MAR65 has been on Adelaar since Foued has been our cruise director. Although working in the Komodo dive industry for quite some time, Foued has only been with Adelaar for a few months, since that time he has received only glowing reports.

Man this is not the way to deal with a little bit of criticism!!! I certainly dont have my exact birth date on my profile, in case someone tries to use it against me/ steal it. So rather than call the person a liar why not own a little of the criticism!
NOT COOL Adelaar!!

Back
Top Bottom