anyone from San Diego here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
hey I live in clairemont and only have about 50ish dives under my belt...but...havent been on a dive in over three years. so...i was wondering if anyone knew of any group dives or something where i can meet some more people cause all the people i used to dive with are no longer around. so ya thanks:)

Welcome back to diving... where to start... there is a bunch of SanDiego divers here.
Just look at the roll call in this forum to get some of the regulars. Also we meet up as a So.Cal. group every 3rd month in your home area... both a boat trip "aka Mo2vation trip" and a beach/BBQ dive day "aka Wrinkles". I believe this month's boat trip got sold out from under us but check out this http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169106 for next months fun in sun!
You will also note some great links there for your local dive groups also. Enjoy and get back into diving... no excuses!

awsome thanks. i don't think ill be able to meet up for next month, im moving out of the country for a year, so ill look into some other options. thanks !

Lots of SD area people here... Me, and I'm sure the others will chime in also :)
When did you usually dive and where? 3 yrs since your last dive--- you might want to take a refresher before heading back in the water...

i dove pretty much every chance i got, then my diving partners moved. being 18-19 at the time made it hard to find a new diving partner who actually trusted being in the water with me, despite being a Surfer, EMT, Rescue Diver, and a working life guard. so i just kinda put everthing away and gave up after searching for like six months. but i went to my parents garage today and dug up all my diving gear and realized how much i miss diving. broke out the regs and still full tanks and aired my rig up and it all checked out, minus the dead battery in my computer.

I mostly did shore dives, being young and living on your own doesn't leave much for leasure expenses so ive only done a few boat dives around here. so ya, i guess the first thing i need to do is go out and try my wetsuit on and see if it even fits me any longer lol.

Depending how long it's been since you've used your gear I'd recommend you send it out to be serviced. Also check your tanks for hydro & visual inspection & if it's been a real long maybe a refresher course.

John

There are local people who dive several times a week at LJ Shores, usually in the mornings though... (not me, I'm not a morning person!)... So if the wetsuit fits, I still suggest a quick refresher at your dive shop (its not much $$ and usually just a couple hours in the pool to go over the basics of using gear and skills)... Like the previous post said, get your gear checked out.. Service the regs and BC (has o-rings).. Then, I have no doubt you'll find lots of people here to dive with..
:)

ya im doing the seals and rings my self but...im moving out of the country at the begening of next month so by the time i got my tanks re-inspected ill prolly be gone lol. and i just remembered that all my cards were in my wallet that got stolen from my car last year. grrrr...not sure if this is going to happen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom